What expansions to get?

With the two new things coming out, I want to know if I should buy AoC, AoD, or Gold expansion for Global Conflict. I don't really care about the alternate scenarios, I just want to play the best version of the global campaign from 1939 possible. Which one should I get in this case?

AoC doesn't offer a Global Campaign.

AoD will offer the biggest map and the most advanced game engine.

But Global Conflict Gold is instantly avaiable. And it is a great expansion of its own. Even though you say that you don't care for alternate campaigns, this might change after some time.

In the end there is no easy answer for your question.

For the correct answer one would need to know your personal preferences (map size, play time, etc. etc.).

I do care for alternate campaigns, just not enough to pay extra money for them. So all in all, I should wait for AoD as it will have a bigger global map and will continue to be balanced, while presumably the Gold expansion will not be receiving as many patches. I want the most complex game possible, and the best engine one. That being said, is there any reason to get the Gold expansion while I wait for AoD to come out?

The next patch for Gold is right behind the corner, 1.04 won't take too long now.

Reason to buy? Plenty of them!

here are the features (click me)

and here the campaigns (click me)

The 1948 The World at War campaign alone is worth the money.

"With the Axis powers soundly defeated, the Western Allies' alliance with the USSR and China becomes fractured as ideology now trumps previous allegiances. As the USSR descends an "Iron Curtain" across Soviet held Europe, the People's Republic of China declares itself to be the legitimate government of all of China prompting the United States to send support to the Nationalist Chinese Army. This leads the USSR to tighten the Iron Curtain further prompting the Western Allies to announce to the world that they will provide military aid to all "free peoples". On May 1, 1948 Soviet forces invade the Allied German Occupation zones. This is World War III."

If you want to play the great map of the 1939 campaign in a 1948 scenario, than you will congratulate yourself for this purchase.

This campaign is fresh, and very, very well done. As i already wrote: this campaign alone is worth the 25$.

But on the other hand: that is me, who loved the SC2 expansion "Patton drives east" nearly just as much.

• 2 weeks later...