CDmag has an update on CM

Guest John Maragoudakis

Guest John Maragoudakis

Games Domain did a review of CC4 over at:

http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/

While reviewing CC4, they mentioned CM...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>if real-time tactical WWII battles are your thing, the series(close combat) is pretty much unchallenged as the best there is. The main reason for that is the way it balances realism and playability so well. The only serious competition on the horizon is the "simultaneous execution" turn-based Combat Mission, the demo for which was released very recently.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by John Maragoudakis (edited 12-05-99).]

"I was wondering when we'd start seeing stuff about this game in te trade mags."

Heh... no one seems to notice that I've covered the game before, both in print and on the web, several times. Part of the problem on the web is our search engine: you have to put "Combat Mission" in quotes to find the previous articles (if you do it without quotes it seems to grab every article with the word "Combat" first... and you can image what that means!). - Scott

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... we noticed Scott smile.gif Actually, there were several long threads started up by folks here when you did the very *first* (and second too smile.gif) articles regarding Combat Mission. Other established press outlets have been slow to cover Combat Mission, but CGO/CGM has been on the ball since day one!

BTW, for years I have thought of Strategy Plus (now CGO/CGM) as the #1 source for fair, straight up reviews. Also, their coverage of wargames is second to none.

Our thanks go out to Scott for his attention to Combat Mission and wargaming in general.

Steve

Well, Scott knows his stuff and can always be relied on for a good honest opinion.

Actually, Scott, could you email me the URLs for the Combat Mission articles you've written (I've read them all but I didn't keep the URLs) and I'll post them as links on the CombatHQ.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers