Licence Difficulty

I hope someone can advise me what to do about an apparent but unreal licence problem.

Unfortunately I had something leaning on the enter button on my keyboard whilst the cursor was over the shortcut to SC Gold editor. By the time I noticed what had happened my system was attempting to load 29 copies of the editor and not surprisingly it ended up hanging. I tried to unscramble it but eventually told it to shut down and it eventually did so describing the editor as not responding. I now find that both the editor and the main SC program throw me into the licence routines. I do not really understand what has happened but when I try to get the licence routines to validate this hangs as well.

Any suggestions?

Mike

I'm not sure why having multiple copies opened of the SC Global Conflict Gold editor would cause a problem with the licensing. Typically licensing gets tripped when changes are detected in the system, such has new/different hardware or operating system reinstall/upgrade.

Right now SC Global Conflict 'standard' is working for you, correct ? Have you tried activating the 'gold' edition or do you get an error ? If you're getting an error attempting to activate the gold edition, what is the numerical error code that you're getting ?

Hi Schrullenhaft

The message I get is that Gold is an expansion product and also needs SCGC for it to be allowed to work. However, SCGC is present on the system and does still work so somehow a link that tells Gold about the standard product has been lost. I am guessing that whatever form that link takes was active processing the 29 versions of the editor and has somehow got corrupted or lost when I had to close down the system.

I have a trouble ticket on the Battlefront helpdesk but they do not as yet understand what might have happened let alone how to rectify it.

Regards

Mike

I am the one you're communicating with on the Helpdesk. Our replies appear to be 'bouncing', but I'm not sure if you are getting them anyway.

Our last suggestion was to reinstall the SC Global Conflict 'standard' edition to the default location (typically '\Program Files\Battlefront\Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict') and patch it to 1.07 and see how well it works. The 'gold' edition is dependent on a few files from the 'standard' edition, but I don't know the exact details of what it is looking at to determine the presence of the 'standard' edition. Reinstalling the game should NOT require you to reactivate it (you can have more than one installation on the same computer). This MIGHT help if your 'standard' edition is NOT installed to the default location.

Dear All

I was being somewhat foolish with this problem but I will describe it in case it happens to you. The error message I received seemed to me to indicate that there was a problem with the licensing of my original SC GC but in fact it referred to the Gold expansion. Once I reinstalled the licence for that my problem went away. I can only assume that I somehow deleted the licence file by trying to inadvertently load 29 copies of the editor and subsequently shutting the system down.

Anyway I hope I have attached the message that I think was misleading. The added complication was that my system would not contact the license web automatically so I ended up doing it offline.

My thanks to the helpdesk who solved this at the same time as I did.

Mike

post-34119-141867624701_thumb.jpg