Some great photos

Wodin,

Great pics! The Panzerfaust is a one shot weapon, but if fired as shown, it'll also be a one user fatality weapon. Or, is such a traumatic limb removal self-cauterizing? Granted, it's not as bad as that clown in the Finnish move, but still...Anybody who can bring a real Panzer III/J to the party is fine by me. Am surprised the re-enactors have what appear to be real cartridge brass based ammo. I thought even possession of such was banned, or did I miss something? Mind, no complaints here!

Regards,

John Kettler

Some of these pics (not all) look like they have been put through an photo editor with a filter to give them that ww2 colour from b&w look. It works very well though, there's no disputing a somewhat authentic look about them.

John Kettler:- I'm interested in how can you tell it's a Pz III Ausf J? It's my favourite tank of ww2 the Pz III, but I couldn't be sure to tell the difference from an Ausf G to an M? In fact I'm not 100% confident I could tell the difference between the 50mm L/42 and the L/60 gun less anything else. I think the L and M had thicker front armour but even that's hard to note without getting very close up and personal.

Certainly true that most modern reenactments of WWII fail due to the actors being too well fed. Not sure about shaving though. Most of the pictures I have seen of German and British soldiers in WWII suggest that being clean shaven was maintained in all but the most desperate situations.

the other interesting point is that most of the pictures of German soldiers in Normandy I have seen show suggest that they are much younger than most film actors - in Umlaut's force specific background photos and other photos on the web some of the German soldiers and tank crews look ludicrously young, not just 12SS.

Even though I run the risk of being seriously flamed:

I think reenacting is one of the most ridiculous past-times of the present day.

The reason?

Since I know of reenactment, every time I hear people who spend their hobby-time on WWII are being silly and crazy, I can not deny this anymore.

Best regards

Olf

I think reenacting is one of the most ridiculous past-times of the present day.

I can think of several that are probably more ridiculous. But the bottom line is that human males seem to be driven to engage in pursuits that have no obvious immediate advantage or worth...except possibly to divert them from doing even more ridiculous and even dangerous and destructive pastimes. Like engaging in real wars.

Michael

DasMorbo,

If you think your variety is silly... you should come over to our side of the pond and watch US Civil War reenactments.

I grew up near Manassas Virginia; and seeing folks spend their weekends living in 1800's conditions so they can go lie in piles of bodies all over a field... then surrender every time they play ....

Well let's just say it takes a special kind of person.

On the other hand, it is no worse than a comicon or Star Trek convention... and war re-enactments at least give living history lessons, however inaccurate.

I can only imagine the horrific outcry from the United States of the Offended if we tried to have WW2 reenactments here. Whoever played for the Axis side would be lambasted in the press.

These are very good pics - in contrast to another reenactor site I came across some time ago:

They had changed all their pictures on the site to black and white - except the last one at the bottom, where they wrote something like: "Bet we fooled you - these are not real WWII photos but reenactment photos".

Well, they might have fooled someone - it they hadn´t been wearing wrap around mirror sunglasses - and all been at least 30 pounds overweight :D

DasMorbo,

If you think your variety is silly... you should come over to our side of the pond and watch US Civil War reenactments.

I grew up near Manassas Virginia; and seeing folks spend their weekends living in 1800's conditions so they can go lie in piles of bodies all over a field... then surrender every time they play ....

Well let's just say it takes a special kind of person.

On the other hand, it is no worse than a comicon or Star Trek convention... and war re-enactments at least give living history lessons, however inaccurate.

I can only imagine the horrific outcry from the United States of the Offended if we tried to have WW2 reenactments here. Whoever played for the Axis side would be lambasted in the press.

Less Typey more Clickey. I want a turn.

Yes, nice pics, indeed! Those are some of the best re-enactment photos I've seen. And the tanks...!

I'll also second what others have said about it being nice to see body shapes that look more on target for WWII.

Hey, maybe WWII re-enactment can become the new weight-loss carrot for white guys. You know, instead of that bikini and calendar with days to summer, you can have a new trooper's uniform and calendar with days to the big reenactment.