Give Thanks (long)

I just wanted to express my gratitude to Steve and Charles of BTS, Madmatt and Fionn for all of their work on Combat Mission, CMHQ and this board. I have spent many hours playing the demo game with great enjoyment and nearly as many reading the many posts on this board. I bought the game several months ago after looking at the site and reading some of the posts, the demo came as a complete surprise as I had stopped reading the board after placing my order. I have not been in the least disappointed, in fact was blown away by a piece of software that allowed me to wargame in a very effective way with almost no instruction in next to no time. I have waded through several of Atomic's products and many others and found myself just feeling bogged in their interface and not enjoying the experience of playing the game. When I was a child I read Little Wars by HG Wells and participated in battles staged by my father and some of his friends using WBritains figures and vehicles (as well as many handmade versions) and countless hours with my best friend Ben. This game is the first wargame that has captured the thrill of that experience from my youth. I have played many board games and some of their modern computerized renditions, but have until now sorely missed the intimate flow of small units tactics and the frustration attendant in my tactical failures and the reality of chance. What has been rendered here is wonderful, I anticipate many hours spent facing my opponents when the game is finally available.

We have been a fine gift gratis, we should do our best to show our appreciation and also not get caught up in insignificant snits that have of late shadowed this forum. Thanks as well to the great many who have made valuable additions to its content and shame to those who have sullied it.

Best Regards and thank you;

Karl Mead

Nobody here hates you, you had a rough start and you can be forgiven. Learn from the experience of others, there is a tremendous amount of info here on the forum, most of it accurate and all of it certainly heartfelt. As so many others have said to you and others delve into the archive and when you post make it worthwhile.

LOL, no-one hates you wink.gif.

I think everyone would just appreciate you using the search feature before posting wink.gif

With 21000+ posts most everything you think of has already been covered I'm sure. It it hasn't or you can't find it after a search then it's totally ok to ask of course.

Otherwise it really is just wasting people's time to ask though.

Cheers,

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks Karl. This is what keeps us going late into the night when we should really be sleeping.

Capt_Manieri, like the others said... all you need to do is use the Search function and more tought before posting. Other than that you are A-OK in our book. Fortunately your rough start is an easy one to overcome. No harm done.

Steve