Deleting saved games

Excuse my ignorance.

A problem which has been annoying me for around 2 years now. How do you delte unwanted saved games from CM Shockforce?

With CM Afghanistan you can simply find the file in the Windows search facility and delete it.

CM Normandy, and CM Fortress Italy both have delete facilities.

I have tried typing the name of the Shock Force saved scenario in the Windows search box, but the file can never be found. I can also not find it in the CM program files.

Where are the damn things, and how do you delete them?

Thanks.

Yup, that's what I thought, the folder 'Saved Games' is completely empty, yet I have around 40 saved games lined up on the 'saved games' menu part of the game introduction.

They are obviously going somewhere else, but I don't know where, and I can't find them.

I am up for a game if you wish, I have Hamachi, I'll check back in a couple of minutes. you may have to talk me through the set up, I've never played this game on line.

Hmm. My CMSF savegames are all in the Savegames folder. I am sorry but i am not sure if i can help you with that matter, seems odd to me that they arent there but are still displayed in the game. I ve heard that some of the newer windows versions (7 & 8) put files on different places on the HD than they display the user, so wich windows version are you running? Maybe it has got something to do with that.

Concerning the TacOps game, i currently have already a PBEM going but i would like to come back to your offer when it is over. I would PM you then if that was okay.

If you're running Windows Vista or newer, then the saved games may have been 'redirected' to the hidden 'VirtualStore' directory. This is a Windows security feature that redirects writes of data that is originally intended for the 'Program Files' or other 'protected' directory to a hidden directory within the user's account.

Once it is unhidden, here is the directory:

\{Account UserName}\Documents\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Com bat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\

Either running the game by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" or turning off UAC would allow the files to be directly written to the game's actual directory within the 'Program Files' directory.

Here's a page about VirtualStore for another game. I don't know if you want to perform any of the suggestions for turning off the feature.

Thanks Augusto and Schrullenhaft, that was the problem, I found them all hiding in the Virtual Store. Seems a strange system, I'm sure they could arrange it so that the files would appear when you typed in the name to the search facility.

Thanks again.