Future expansion Idea

I would really like to see an expansion of SC that consisted of older scenario's reworked for the new engine. For example I'm currently converting an old favorite scenario of mine "Case Neptune" to the WWI engine. There were many great hypothetical scenario's that could really benefit from being redone with the new engine. You could call it "Patton Drives East II"

I would buy it.

Signed. I would certainly buy that.

In fact I did convert some scenarios for personal use to gc:gold, the new mechanics really add to them (including the awesome "Case Neptune"... love that one aswell...)

So yeah, it would certainly be a welcome idea. Go, "Patton Drives East II"!

Case Neptune was my favorite of the Patton Drives East Pack! But to be honest I enjoyed all of them. Every single one was epic! I remember vividly the vast tank battles in the Middle East and the US bombers attacking from Iraq the Caucasus oil fields :eek:

I'll upload Case Neptune to the repository soon for anyone else to try. Before though I think I will try to finish improving the AI scripting. There are some pretty strong strategies for the Allied and Axis AI that were never included in the original and I hope these will make the game much more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it seems to me if you were going to do something like this, it would be best to decide to make a 'final' SC2 product, like Strategic Command II Ultimate Edition, and include the latest greatest engine and the very best of all the scenarios from the whole series, from Patton Drives Est, to WW1, to the Pacific, to the new Global Campaigns.

Ideally, for SC3 you'd take something like the approach Paradox has taken with Crusader Kings 2. If you buy the base game you always can patch up to the latest greatest version of the engine, but the scenario packs are sold as DLC/expansions that 'slot in' to the base game. That would be way better then having 12 different games with incompatible scenarios and features like the current situation, which is a bit messy.