BTS, please consider

First of all i would like to say how much i like this game. It does so many things well, both understood and things I am discovering. The only thing I have found as of yet that I think needs consideration has to do with changing the cameras views...When I am viewing a paticular area on the map as to see if I want to move a unit there,I cant change cameras to get different perspectives without changing the cursors position on the map. This is more of a problem when tracing LOS. Many times the desired area is no longer seen, or has changed the LOS path drastically. So then you have to re-trace it and if you change cameras again, you have to do it all over....Therefore I propose that you should be able to lock the camera on the cursor as you can for units. This way we can change views while retaining the exact area on the map. Maybe you can already do this, or maybe there is a reason why this can't be done. Please let me know either way....Thanks, and i love CM. I will order monday morning. Great job!! biggrin.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Playing style. Interface can only be one thing sometimes, and that often doesn't cut it for 100% of the time for 100% of the people. Centering on the mouse, for example, would bug the crap out of me for the most part smile.gif I want the battlefield's current center to remain the focal point when I shift camera angles, not the mouse. Honestly, I think if we did switch it you might find that you agree too smile.gif

BTS, please understand i like the interface very much. Most of the time i have the camera locked on units and it works great. I just wanted to know if you COULD change the lock feature on the cursor AND be able to switch it back to lock on units ( i.e. a command key). Please forgive my ignorance of programming.I don't know if this is feasible or even possible, yet, If it was possible I think it would be a great addition to the best Wargame to date.Thanks for quick reply...P.S. Could it work?