CM products: timeline and relations of different versions

Because there are always questions about what is free and what is necessary, I have written a simple schematic overview.

It is more meant to give aschematic idea, how a simple graphic in the shop could look like, to give (potential) customers at one glance the info they need. It's not meant to be 100% correct.

I guess many potential buyers are driven away, because they do not know, what to buy quickly and probably only a tiny minority is registering or searching forums to get this information.

Maybe BFC find's it helpful.

CM%20WWII%20products.png

CM%20modernWF%20products.png

Download of the word document:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96409796/CM%20overview.docx

Nicely formatted!

However, is it necessary to list outdated patches? Since some patches are not needed as a base for later products (while some are), it might be better to list only the current upgrade paths. Some users will see your chart and believe that they have to download eight patches just to make CMSF current.

Maybe you're correct. But at least while writing it, I found it clarifying to see each patch finding his place.

On the positive side of a full list, a scheme with every update is very easy to keep up to date: The webmaster only needs to insert a new line (and sometimes a column). No need to adapt old information.