Gustav Line QB AAR Axis

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas ... what a wonderful cunning plan, but: Elefants were not available to me as a selection for this battle (I'm not grog enough to know whether this is due to the date, or the Luftwaffe not having them at all, or just actually they weren't ready in the version of CMFI-GL that we were playing with!).

GaJ

Well I'm in the middle of reading this thread.. good god you lot spent a lot of time talking about driving tanks over walls ;)

Some interesting stuff in here GaJ.. the most interesting is the seeming confusion caused by my constant re-positioning of tanks at the beginning of the game... and the fact that you thought I was massing in the trees behind my mountain position on your right flank (thus calling in an artillery barrage there - at the time I thought it was off target).. actually I was using that treeline to hide my movement (unsuccessfully obviously) as I moved my teams into the valley.

Interesting.. still reading.

I just noticed from Bil's thread that the FJ weapons company includes a recoilless rifle platoon. Why did you take this out? Were they expensive? Is the effective range short enough that you might as well have just replaced them with shrek teams for better mobility?