1942 Axis High Tide Campaign AAR (Allies)

07Oct43 Turn 18

UK-

Enemy action- None taken

Orders- 8th Army advances to the Egyptian frontier. Gen Platt lands on the south tip of Greece to coordinate and lead Churchill's efforts to liberate Greece.

Gen William Platt leads the invasion of Greece

IAF-EAfrica-6_zps3f4f43c9.jpg

Production- None

Tech- None

USA-

Enemy actions- None taken

Orders- Continued attacks on Tarawa. Gen MacArthur embarks Marines to assist the Australians with the liberation of New Guinea.

The Tuskegee Airmen of the 12th Air Force in the Med.

Tuskegee20Airmen1_zps52738c9d.jpg

Production- None

Tech- None

USSR-

Enemy action- Air attacks against our rockets and armor.

Orders- No major offensive actions as we form up the front and replace losses.

Mariya Dolina, our brave pilot comrade of the Soviet Air Force

Mariya_Dolina_zps6d6f5803.jpg

Production- None

Tech- None

China-

Enemy Actions- Attacks against our lone corps at Foochow.

Orders- Spoiling attacks around Chengchow and Nanning.

More of our couragous troops head to the front.

other_none374_zpsa66f551c.jpg

We are slowing down the pace of operations in general with the onset of the winter months. Operations in the Med and Pacific will continue but overall the Allies are regrouping and refitting for the spring offensives and building up for major operations next year. The Axis seems to be on the defensive and no threatening moves have been detected. The Russians are forming up the lines although a winter offensive against Riga is being considered along with souther attacks against minor Axis powers in the Balkans. The American Navy in the Pacific is in need of refit after long continuous operations to assist with amphibious landings

04Nov43 Turn 19

UK-

Enemy action- Enemy submarines along the UK-USSR shipping route engage the Prince David cruiser and send her to the bottom. Japanes submarine spotted southwest of New Zealand. Another Japanese sub runs into our destroyer screen northwest of Rabaul.

Orders- We dispatch our Atlantic destroyers to the North Sea going after the German Uboats. 6th New Zealand corps comes ashore in Greece as we invest Athens. 254th Armor secures the Siwa oasis as the 8th Army and 33rd Engineers push on the lone German Corps in front of Tobruk. We put two of our own submarines along the Burma-Japan shipping lanes. Our Pacific destroyers sink the Japanese submarine near Rabaul.

Situation in the Med

04nov43med_zps9af000fc.jpg

Production- None

Tech- None

USA-

Enemy actions- None

Orders- After a brief rest Patton moves forward probing Tripoli with armor and air support. The main Pacific fleet goes into various ports to rest and refit and heavy rains and storms cancel operations across the theater. Gen MacArthur embarks along with marines and tanks for the next South Pacific objective.

US Pacific Fleet refitting and resupply in the Central Pacific

04novpacific_zps72b78542.jpg

Production- 4th Army is operational on the east coast.

Tech- None

USSR-

Enemy action- Minor air attacks against our troops with minimal effect.

Orders- We move on Riga surrounding German paratroops east of the city. Minks is surrounded and hammered with heavy air and artillery support. The veteran 26th Army moves forward and secures the Ploesti oil fields and with heavy attacks we secure Odessa.

04nov43ussr_zps3441bca8.jpg

Production- None

Tech- None

China-

Enemy Actions- Attacks on Foochow

Orders- In the central front we attack with American air support and destroy the 2nd Kwantang Army in heavy fighting south of Chengchow.

Production- 12th Army is operational near Lanchow

Tech- None

As I was cleaning up all my saved files I did the unthinkable and deleted the ones I had saved for this game. I would like to apologize to everyone for this bone headed move on my part (I was hitting delete and it was just going down the list rather quickly and I was not paying attention and I get what I deserve). Even though things seemed to be going rather well for the Allies, I had alot of work yet to do and was looking forward to seeing it through to glorious victory. I want to thank everyone who has followed this AAR and I promise another one here soon without the delete option available lol. On the bright side, tonight the Louisville Cardinals play for the National Championship in Men's college basketball..Go Cards!!!!