Fog of War

The Fog of War in CM kicks all ass. I've never seen a game that identifies a unit as 'infantry sounds?' (-: The only thing I was expecting that I didn't find was misidentification. A unit might be identified as 'tank?', but if it says that, it's always a tank of some sort. If it says 'StuG IIIG', then you know it's a StuG IIIG, it's never misidentifies as a StuF or anything. Also, if someone thinks they see a unit, there's always a unit there. You never get an enemy marker that turns out to be nothing.

Just adding my two cents to a million-dollar game

LOL.

The generic assault gun marker is a stug III but I've had Hetzers misidentified as Stugs..

Remember you are only seeing a TINY portion of the available vehicles in the game so you don't get the flavour of misidentifications.

Check the AARs at http://combathq.thegamers.net for an example where what Martin thought was a half-track was actually an armoured car armed with a 50 mm main gun wink.gif

I've seen LOTS of examples where halftracks suddenly turn into tanks as I get a closer look at them.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The only thing I was expecting that I didn't find was misidentification.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That feature is coming. We're working on it now; it's just not in the beta demo.

Charles