Documenting uniform model/texture problems

U.S. Army, infantry battalion: the bottom of the backpack radio and the sides of certain pieces of equipment (such as the entrenching tool cover) have really bad texture stretching issues. And, for what it's worth, these same issues are also present in CMFI.

CBBN

I remarked, that several wehrmacht formations uses soldier textures for the leutnants. For example: infantry: grenadier and fusilier-battalione, mainly platoon hq's of second and third platoon.

Additional I wonder, if the nco-textures (of the germans) will be ever used like in the CMFI-basegame or if this plan is dismissed?

greetings, alex

Two weapon issues which show up in both CMBN and CMFI:

• The Bren gun is missing its buttplate, just like the Lee-Enfields used to.
  • The Springfield 1903 (both regular and sniper versions) should not have these finger grooves in the stock. That was something that was eliminated when production of the A3 model commenced. Reference the images on this page, which is a great reference for the M1903: http://www.trfindley.com/pgm1903stkid.html

CMNormandy2014-04-1600-53-54-56_zps67388f7c.jpg

• 1 month later...
Yeah.. that must be far down the list if ever being something to look at.

Only on these forums do people excuse this sort of stuff. :rolleyes:

That sort of awful texture mapping is present in too many other places in all three WWII CMx2 titles (namely, vehicles) to keep count.

Perhaps.

However, it is certainly true that only on this forum do people go to considerable effort in order to find irrelevancies with which to make themselves unhappy about.

Seriously? "Too many to keep count"? It sounds like you sit up till 2am, zoomed in as close as possible to minutely examine models, occasionally shrieking into the dark, uncaring night "I FOUND ANOTHER ONE!"

Perhaps you could, oh, I don't know. Maybe try playing the game? I promise that if you just use views 1-thru-8, while playing, you will never ever notice the rear sight ladder on a obscure and rare weapon.

Only on these forums do people excuse this sort of stuff. :rolleyes:

That sort of awful texture mapping is present in too many other places in all three WWII CMx2 titles (namely, vehicles) to keep count.

Its all one big compromise. You can roll your eyes all day long, wont change the facts. Compare this with an officer wearing a boot as uniform. I wounder what should take priority..

Seriously? "Too many to keep count"? It sounds like you sit up till 2am, zoomed in as close as possible to minutely examine models, occasionally shrieking into the dark, uncaring night "I FOUND ANOTHER ONE!"

Perhaps you could, oh, I don't know. Maybe try playing the game? I promise that if you just use views 1-thru-8, while playing, you will never ever notice the rear sight ladder on a obscure and rare weapon.

I do sit up until 2am, but that's because I don't get home from work until nearly midnight. :)

Moving on...

Yes, I do play the game, practically every day, but yes, at the same time I do take an occasional close-up look at the models to see how they're rendered. The fact of the matter is that these sorts of things (ie., texture mapping) are obviously not being checked all that closely before release. In other software titles that I beta test for, when these sorts of things are reported, they are fixed, so that's why I report them here.

That, and I find it strange that this is now the third weapon in this thread reported to have bad texture mapping, and in those two cases the reporter (who wasn't me) wasn't ridiculed. So, why is that?

And, for the record, that stretched texture on the sight ladder is on both models of the K98k. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not sure this may be of your concern here but I've found an odd texture mismatch after loading a saved game from BN 2.x to the newly upgraded BN 3.11 (before there wasn't any problem even coming from v.1).

I tested it several times and different machines, but the error is always repeated.

To be sure I removed all the uniform Mods, but the saved game present a couple of US Paratrooper from the platoon's mortar team in a weird German uniform. Loading a fresh AB Mortar Team presents no issues.

All other units are showing correctly without any problem either.

Maybe is not that relevant, but I'd appreciate to find out if there's any fix about it, I'm even willing to Hex editing the saved game if I can fix this.

From the saved 1.x / 2.x game:

post-14606-141867625815_thumb.jpg

Fresh 3.11 game:

post-14606-141867625817_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Ähem...I don't know, if anybody still reads this, but:

1.) CMFI, all Modules, highest Patch-level: US-infantry with bad equipement: all riflemen with springfield rifles (exepted the snipers/marksmen) have no ammo-pouches

2.) CMN, alll Modules, highest patch-level: late US-Infantry (september) -> the second bar-gunner in the infantry-standard-squads has no ammo-pouches

Minimal errors, which maybe can be corrected in the next upgrade/modules/pack?

Greetings, alex

Ähem...I don't know, if anybody still reads this, but:

1.) CMFI, all Modules, highest Patch-level: US-infantry with bad equipement: all riflemen with springfield rifles (exepted the snipers/marksmen) have no ammo-pouches

2.) CMN, alll Modules, highest patch-level: late US-Infantry (september) -> the second bar-gunner in the infantry-standard-squads has no ammo-pouches

Minimal errors, which maybe can be corrected in the next upgrade/modules/pack?

Greetings, alex

Definitely watching and reading. :) Could you post a couple of screenshots showing the issues?