Problem with 2.01 patch

Hi Guys

I am having serious problems with this patch.

I have tried downloading from Patches Scrolls and GamersHell and in both cases when I go to unzip I get an error message that says the files are corrupt. In fact the downloads seem to "pause" part of the way through and I click the pause/un-pause to make sure it completes.

I can successfully download from AtomicGamer but when I double-click the set up (run as administrator) I get the following error message:

"This version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows that you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher".

My system specs are:

Windows Home Premium - Service Pack 1.

Intel® Core i7 3770k CPU @ 3.5GHz - 3.5Ghz

RAM: 16G

System type: 64-bit Operating System

I have a wide range of software from Battlefront that I am running and all patches are up to date. CMBN and CVMFI version 2 are both running perfectly on my existing system - which is why I am confused as to why the issue of x32-bit and x64-bit is arising as an issue with the latest patch.

Hope you can help.

The Atomicgamer download should have been fine. We know that the Patches Scrolls site has a bad copy of the patch (which will hopefully be updated in the near future).

I'm not sure why the patch is getting an error about being incompatible with 64-bit systems. The patch should be fine whether you are running on a 32-bit or 64-bit system (the game itself is 32-bit). The only thing I can guess is that the patch is still somehow corrupt or there is something interfering with it. The patch I have on hand has a file size of 67,679,376 bytes (NOT 'Size on disk').

If your file has the same size, then you may need to compute a checksum of the file to make sure it is valid. You can use a program like Accuhash to generate an MD5 hexadecimal checksum. Here's the value I generate for the 2.01 patch:

PC 2.01 Installer ('CMBN_v201_Patch_Setup.exe'):

A4BF8A6D15EE57D9B265D6A92CD87139

You may want to temporarily disable any security software you're running while attempting to download and install the patch.