v2.01 IS HERE!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That attacking side suddenly becomes more challenging. Authors revise your scenarios! ;):

Here's the list:

New 2.01 Feature List

* Fixed a bug that occasionally caused weapons crews to move back to an old position when deploying their weapon.

* Corrected issues with deploying MGs in buildings.

* Soldiers fire weapons faster at short ranges, especially Garand rifles.

* Small arms fire causes more suppression than before.

* General improvements to MG performance behavior. See note below this list for more information.

* Sandbags, wire, foxholes, hedgehogs, and trenches are correctly treated as "lower down" for spotting purposes.

* Pistol accuracy slightly reduced.

* BAR range increased to 800m.

* Shaders optimized for nVidia and ATI.

* Moving a mortar even a short distance causes greater loss of target acquisition.

* Bunker-mounted MGs are more accurate than before.

* SS leaders have correct poncho camouflage pattern.

* Corrected an accuracy problem with on-map indirect fire.

* Crews bailed out of destroyed vehicles have more jittery morale.

* Corrected a vehicle navigation problem on bridges.

* Target line for area fire is slightly thicker to differentiate it.

* Shooting at bunkers from very short range works better.

* Daimler SOD given a mounted Bren LMG.

* Fixed a bug causing immobilized MG teams after dismounting from MG bunkers.

* Purple "pop smoke" target line goes away when it should.

* Better small-arms aiming at unarmored vehicles.

* Minor TO&E fixes.

* Fixed a bug that caused some Macs to crash while loading scenarios.

Special Note: MGs now have more effective aiming, rates of fire, and suppression effects. These highly requested changes make combat even more realistic and more challenging tactically. Some players will find their existing tactics may need some adjustments, others may find no significant need for change. We recommend practicing attacks on MG positions before continuing an in progress Campaign or game against another player.

Posted by Battlefront on Facebook:

Special Note: MGs now have more effective aiming, rates of fire, and suppression effects. These highly requested changes make combat even more realistic and more challenging tactically. Some players will find their existing tactics may need some adjustments, others may find no significant need for change. We recommend practicing attacks on MG positions before continuing an in progress Campaign or game against another player.

I have done the bowling green test and noted a few very large improvements.

1. MGs now fire randomly spaced bursts

2. They tend to fire more bursts, and the ramp-up on ROF is quicker, distance-wise

3. They are more accurate

4. Suppression effects from small arms fire is increased, but a large amount so for MGs

5. There is an extra crewman for the HMG42... I believe

Overall, the feel is very much improved and more believable. It really is something, those random bursts... BRAAAAP........ BRAAAP, BRAP, BRAAAAP....... BRAAP. You get the idea. :)

And although my 1 US rifle squad vs 1 German HMG42 testing showed that while the HMG crew did still take losses, it was a much dicier affair for the rifle squad and the US squad both was pinned a huge amount of the time, and took over 75% casualties before the HMG crew took 50% (when the US squad was close enough to engage)... I stopped the test because I did not forsee the rifle squad being able to close to within 200m (closest they got was 250m).

Massive improvement in my book. Even if I was playing the US (I assume their HMGs were improved as well).

Very, very nice!

I couldn't stand it anymore, if imagined to sit in a Kübelwagen or Jeep and a HMG opens fire 800 m away, and it would be no potentially deadly threat. Especially with high ROF weapons like the MG42.

Many other nice improvements (on paper; have to try first).

For a x.01 version, quite good. Thanks Battlefront.

just did a quick test

1 heavy MG section (1xMG34 and 1xMG42) against a platoon of US infantry (everything regular experience). The US infantry was advancing over open ground (from 1000m to the MG position) using a quick command.

the MG section was deployed in two foxholes. The section managed to halt the US advance at around 500m. The whole US platoon was shaken from the big amount of wounded and dead. Small arms fire (especially MG fire) really seems to have a much larger impact in the surpression bar. even squads that were not directly shot at kept their head down. looks nice. thank you BFC !