PBEM opponent wanted

Is the CM PBEM all but dead here?

I remember the epic PBEM games posted on BF.

Wot? More epic than:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105660

?

Just because people aren't posting AARs doesn't mean they aren't fighting PBEMs. And just because no one's posted "Me! Me!" in this thread doesn't mean there haven't been any responses. It just means they read Wartooth's post properly and PMed him.

Also, I find that over time you end up playing almost exclusively with a relatively small group of people. Therefore, there is no need to advertise very often to look for new opponents. .... plus, let's face it, a PBEM battle can last a couple of weeks ... it's not like a RTS that has a new iteration every 5 to 10 minutes.

A lot of people are "members" of gaming "clubs" like WeBoB and A Few Good Men. Threads looking for opponents here in the game forum also tend to get rapid and copious responses.

And The Blitz: that's how I have found my opponents.

Also, I find that over time you end up playing almost exclusively with a relatively small group of people. Therefore, there is no need to advertise very often to look for new opponents.

Yep, a couple of posts on the club / ladder opponent finder and you start just playing another game with the guy you just finished your last game. I have hit a few dud opponents and you just don't play against them again. Now I have lots of games going and I don't need to find anyone new.

Hi all,

I've setup H2HHelper with dropbox as I see you guys love that little pbem tool ;)

Now I'd like to pbem 2 or 3 games on CMBN or CMFI, I prefer scenarios over quick battles and Im at level "miserable" in terms of tactics :D

I can play everyday evening GMT+1 and more on WE usually.

I prefer small engagements as a starter, axis or allied is ok, I need to learn...

Aloko.

It seems to be the most challenging way to play but I was dismayed at seeing almost zero posts in the Opponate Finder forum...how are players finding challengers today?

http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74

It's basically because if you get an opponent off the BFC board, the chances are they won't finish the game with you that they started.

I know that there will be all sorts of exceptions, and everyone can tell me a wonderful PBEM partner they found here at the board, but still I will bet that for each partnership started this way there are a trail of unfinished games and disappointed players.

This is the major benefit of using a club to find an opponent: someone who can be bothered joining a club is probably serious enough to finish a game even if they are loosing.

GaJ

It's basically because if you get an opponent off the BFC board, the chances are they won't finish the game with you that they started.

I know that there will be all sorts of exceptions, and everyone can tell me a wonderful PBEM partner they found here at the board, but still I will bet that for each partnership started this way there are a trail of unfinished games and disappointed players.

This is the major benefit of using a club to find an opponent: someone who can be bothered joining a club is probably serious enough to finish a game even if they are loosing.

GaJ

^^^^^This.

GaJ

This puzzles me since you'd think the CM series and BF Opponent forum would actually offer the more dedicated player..it certainly did with Barbarossa but I did notice the forum was slowing down when BF went to the SF series, seems the new warriors weren't interested in the depth of the original CM series with PBEM games lasting months not hours, Lets hope that trend reverses with BN 1.11.

I'll start looking at the club route, thanks.

This puzzles me since you'd think the CM series and BF Opponent forum would actually offer the more dedicated player..it certainly did with Barbarossa but I did notice the forum was slowing down when BF went to the SF series, seems the new warriors weren't interested in the depth of the original CM series with PBEM games lasting months not hours, Lets hope that trend reverses with BN 1.11.

I'll start looking at the club route, thanks.

WeBoB ( http://www.webandofbrothers.de/ ) are a great bunch of guys, but we don't take "riff raff". ;-) Well, actually, we do...Cranky, ahem. Lots of our brothers are still stuck in CM1 however, be aware.

The best benefit you will see from "clubs" is your opponents will finish their games, even if they are losing. The second best benefit you will see is Tournaments. I love Tournaments!

Random postings on this (BFC) forum "looking for PBEM opponent" is kinda like going to a bar looking for a date. YMMV.

• 3 years later...

looking for pbem/wego/real time opponentS (More than 1) . CMBS and CMSF. any skll range will work

2-10turns per day (IF pbem). if we are playing wego then 1/4 of battle in 1 day at least and if we are playing real time then whole battle in 1 day

would preffer smaller battles tiny,small or medium (IF CMSF cos theres no quick battles, then we can make a scenario really fast and easy,using existing maps and using our troops,works very well)

On 5/2/2013 at 11:20 AM, GreenAsJade said:

Not to say you're wrong, but just to offer an alternative take on it: That is not my experience at all. I've played many games with people I met on this forum, and they have all been good, worthy opponents.

56 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Not to say you're wrong, but just to offer an alternative take on it: That is not my experience at all. I've played many games with people I met on this forum, and they have all been good, worthy opponents.

I concur. I put it down generally to the comparative maturity of the individuals that CM tends to attract, as opposed to many other games where opponent reliability is always questionable.