Ammo

Riddle me this.

I haven't found anything in the manual (god, what a manual...) about fatigue.

Given that, is there any reason that I would leave any ammo in a vehicle?

I regularly load aquire all the ammo in a vehicle before I leave it. More ammo is better.

Is there any reason not to?

I have XOs with Javelins.

Take everything you can from vehicles.A lot of the stuff can be life saving especially if you're bogged down in a fight in a built up area.

As for fatigue,keep your guys fresh.They'll fight better.If they need resting,put them on hide and rest them for a turn.If they are totally fatigued,it can take quite a few turns before they'll return turn to normal.So if you notice any are tired.Rest for a turn and they'll be back to normal come the next turn.

Riddle me this.

I regularly load aquire all the ammo in a vehicle before I leave it. More ammo is better.

The main effect of fatigue is that you can't use all movement orders. For example, fatigued troops won't run. Fatigued troops probably fight worse, but that's hard to put a number on;

• 3 months later...
Riddle me this.

The load of your soldiers is tracked. They tire faster (and therefore stop being able to Fast, or Quick, or go quicker than Slow, depending on state) if they're heavily laden. Most of the time, though, the extra goodies are worth having to take a breather more often, especially if it's something like an XO team with an ATM: they're not heavily loaded in the first place, so don't suffer from having to haul the Big Tube.

In the game, it is definitely worth loading up on ammo and anything else you MIGHT need. It takes a lot longer and is usually a PITA to have to go back and restock.

But, I always wonder how realistic that is. In RL, would one load up the XO with the heavy ATM? Would one take an extra one or two thousand rounds plus rockets, grenades etc?

I enjoy at least making an effort at playing realistically. So, you guys who have been in action... what do you do in RL??