New file at the Repository: Habibollah Kalay (2013-01-13)

A core contributor to successful integrated operations in Fallujah

http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/article/close-air-support-0

"....the CAS plan for FALLUJAH II relied on Marine Corps-style procedural control. It allowed for routing a lot of aircraft into a tightly confined space, in a compressed time. Procedural control is in variance with Air Force positive control or radar control. Procedural control is less restrictive on pilots...."

So having my Apache AH1 on "positive control or radar control" I would think I am safe almost 100 yards away from the outside of the target zone but I got the Bulldog and everyone in it killed by Friendly Fire!

• 4 weeks later...

How close should a Bulldog be in relation to RPGs from tree lines?

I have fired up the save game after spell of time away. Got several Bulldogs nailed @ 300+ meters away.. through a tree line by terrorists while my infantry, after support fire from above, were searching the ditches and beyond.

Overall this is a great scenario of methodical locate, suppress and eliminate.

Combatintman - thanks for all your work on these scenarios and maps. A lot of effort. Much appreciated.

I've been experimenting with importing some 3D objects from the other games such as wagons, farm implements etc to replace some of the air-conditioning, manholes and rubbish bins that clog up the object options in CMSF. Just renamed them bin1 etc in a mod folder.

Work okay if creating a new map with the mod applied. Would need to be switched off after as it could cause unwanted oddities in preexisting maps that use bins etc.

Finally completed this xnt scenario...

******** SPOILERS **********

Got a draw 100 Brits vs 87 Taliban.

Even though there were still enemy in the two NE VL's the system awarded me all objectives (strange). I lost one AFV and one wheeled vehicle, 10 KIA vs 144 enemy KIA; 22WIA vs 86 enemy KIA.

What surprised me was to find that many enemy had infiltrated/reinforced at some point during the scenario into my rear area start positions. That's why the enemy still had 57 guys to my 125-ish. The new enemy forces just stayed there and I had no idea they were there or when they had arrived. It had never occurred to me to leave any troops behind as a guard.

This was an xnt training scenario and helped me learn and relearn how to conduct a prepared inf assault with air and arty support.

Unless there are significantly different AI defense strategies, I don't think I would want to play again, as now I know the enemy positions and that is more than half the battle.

Thanks to the designer. Wish there were more challenging scenarios like this out there Now, I have to go complete A HELLUVA ROAD OPENING which is the other scenario that is xnt for training in inf assault supported by arty only (IIRC).

• 3 months later...

Very nice scenario with a very good mix of forces. I loved the map - your forces cannot link up physically until they near the far end the map so you are advancing on three narrow corridors due to the canals/waterways.

Also a very generous time limit of 4 hours. I reached the back exit objectives with around a hour and half left on the clock and very minimal casualties (in fact, only 1 WIA). Fortune smiled at me as I took 4 RPG hits to vehicles during the scenario but had no penetrations. Taking it slow, and coordinating your forces with your artillery and tac air will win this one without too many casualties.

The enemy is defending in depth so beware of penetrating too deep with one force without bringing your other forces up to support laterally with directed fires. It goes without saying to watch the choke points as that is usually where the enemy defends in strength.