Mortar ammo

I noticed when I quick moved my brixta mortar squad the ammo supply dropped by about half. But when I set it up and began firing the next turn the ammo supply eventually went back up. Can someone explain the logic behind this? Is it just a reflection of the delay in moving a large amount of ammo?

There are no sources of extra ammo around such as ammo teams.

Apocal you mean the one member of the squad? Cuz he says no ammo teams were around?

I have to say crsutt that it sounds like he's right though. Did you observe every man in the team standing together? The guys loaded down with more equipment do move slower, and it may have taken a moment to catch up. Otherwise sounds like some bug.

Apocal you mean the one member of the squad? Cuz he says no ammo teams were around?

I have to say crsutt that it sounds like he's right though. Did you observe every man in the team standing together? The guys loaded down with more equipment do move slower, and it may have taken a moment to catch up. Otherwise sounds like some bug.

No, I did not but will watch closely next time. This makes sense as I was using quick move. I don't think it is a bug as the ammo supply reverted back to normal after the move was completed.

One time I had 3 mortars with 32 shells each. I positioned them all real close with a single 4th platoon leader nearby for radio contact. Their ammo count all went to 96, it appeared like they were sharing. I assumed this was normal.

It is. Normal practice too! :) I think, given that the team were moving Fast, the explanation so far offered is likely to have been the cause.

I started a QB recently, the bazooka team was credited with some absurd number of zook rounds. Then as the various squads moved off and started separating the rocket count was halved and halved again. The original count was not just his own but every round he might be able to mooch off someone else. :)

I started a QB recently, the bazooka team was credited with some absurd number of zook rounds. Then as the various squads moved off and started separating the rocket count was halved and halved again. The original count was not just his own but every round he might be able to mooch off someone else. :)

That's interesting. I'm assuming the departing squads had their own organic Tube Guys too, or are there formations where un-zooked squads carry zook bombs just in case they meet an AT team?

Well, not knowing the design mechanics it is possible that a mortar or gun that is in its original set up position could have a stockpile of ammo but moving the units limits it to what it could actually carry. This would make sense as well.

Indeed, but that's not the case. 'Twould be snazzy if there was the possibility for caches and transfer between ammo carriers and the cache. That would make all kinds of sense. Perhaps one day the inventory system will be upgraded to allow that possibility.