Tank stuck in a building

I have not seen this problem for a while:

CMFortressItalyTankInBuilding.jpg

This happened after maneuvering through a narrow street. At first this tank refused to go down the street but I tweaked the orders and then it drove through the front of the building on the left and ended up in the next building along the street. Now it seems to be stuck there.

Saved turns available upon request.

Is that diagonally placed buildings? If yes, the center of the action spot, taken for path finding, either coincides with the outer wall of the building, or even lies within. Actually a limitation in the game, even if the small street looks wide enough to let a vehicle pass. Now moving actual "nogo" waypoints in V2.0 may lead to that behavior. In V1.1, vehicles would have refused to move entirely.

vehiclenogo2d.jpg

ian.leslie,

Yeah, I've seen this crop up in CMFI as well. (Of course, it's in a qb and my oppo must've taken a bit of gleeful delight in my predicament. Sigh.)

I couldn't get mine out of the building.

BFC is aware.

Ken

No where near as much delight as you are taking in Carentan... :eek:

Is that diagonally placed buildings? If yes, the center of the action spot, taken for path finding, either coincides with the outer wall of the building, or even lies within. Actually a limitation in the game, even if the small street looks wide enough to let a vehicle pass. Now moving actual "nogo" waypoints in V2.0 may lead to that behavior. In V1.1, vehicles would have refused to move entirely.

Yes, it is a diagonal road. And the first turn it did refuse to go down the road. Some how a reploting of the path caused this.

FWIW, area TARGET orders by my stuck tank did nothing to remove the walls. It is forever entombed in a farmhouse in Sicily. To the great dismay of the farmer's wife...

I'm currently conducting an experiment on the effectiveness of small mortars on farm buildings... stay tuned!

FWIW, area TARGET orders by my stuck tank did nothing to remove the walls. It is forever entombed in a farmhouse in Sicily. To the great dismay of the farmer's wife...

Until in late 2012 when the great grandson lifted the dusty tarp off the "bulky thing" in the old farmhouse turned barn.

"Ummm....Grandpa???"

"Oh yeah...that old thing....want it? Is $200 too much?"

Can you imagine?