Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Preview and Screenshots

http://www.cdmag.com/articles/021/039/combatm_preview.html

This Preview is two months old; but those new to Combat Mission may not know about it. This where I first learned of CM. I think the Screenshots here does a lot more justice to the game than the ones found in the Battle Reports. I think it would be wise to put this link in the resources section. Preview and enjoy.

Hmmmm looks like I deserve a stupidity award. This information can be found in the Reviews section of the site. I even knew that already, but forgot. I hope that excessive Zeal in the name of CM can be forgiven.

------------------

"Armchair Generals never lose any men"-Darstand

[This message has been edited by Darstand (edited 09-03-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

There should already be links to the Preview up in CM's Resources area. Let me know if they aren't smile.gif

I think the difference between the shots is that a few, "staged" shots were taken for the preview. Not that anything was tamppered with, but that the shots were designed to not do anything BUT show off the game. Therefore composition and placement were carefully taken into considderation. The tons of shots that Fionn and Martin are being taken with information in mind first and foremost. In other words, the shots are there to tell a story. Also, I think that if you went and grabbed just "the best" 1/2 dozen shots out of the AARs they would be equaly or better than the ones up on cdmag. Not everyone one was designed to be a masterpiece smile.gif

Steve

Yup. We're fightin' men. We'll leave all that fancy shot composition stuff to them thar arteeests in the rear.

The shots have suffered a lot since I've reduced them from 1240 pixels in width (the resolution my screen is set to at the moment) to only 800 pixels in width PLUS then they get compressed.

I've taken a lot of uncut shots up which look a lot better IMO.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Most likely. I don't remember what the shots looked like, but I am pretty sure there were guys on the back of the Sherman. Certainly guys on the backs of PzIVs and Panthers in one shot.

Steve