Using Repository Maps for QB'S

I downloaded a number of maps that seemed really interesting from the BFC site. But when I put them in the Maps folder I can't seem to select them in the Quick Battles window. I pick Human Select rather than Random and I don't see the file. I tried this with several map files and they are not visible. I tried renaming the files to something akin to the naming scheme from the ones that came with the game but no dice.

I looked in the mods forum but didn't find anything about Maps exactly, more about mods (duh! LOL).

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :confused:

Thank you!

Not true. You just have to put it in the quick battle maps folder. But I think you also have to set the battle type in the editor to match the type of QB you are looking for (ME, US attack, ect.)

So if I want to use a particular map, I would have to know that its designed for meeting engagements, say? Ugh, what a pain to track all that for some 88 maps! Is there an obvious way to tell?

If you are downloading scenarios and using those maps for QB then the type of scenario should give you a hint, but the best way is to load the map/scenario in the editor. After it loads look at the top middle of the screen and you'll see the setting for "Battle Type".

QB maps typically have the battle type in their name, i.e. Asslt Large City, ect. Just rename it accordingly.

If you are downloading scenarios and using those maps for QB then the type of scenario should give you a hint, but the best way is to load the map/scenario in the editor. After it loads look at the top middle of the screen and you'll see the setting for "Battle Type".

QB maps typically have the battle type in their name, i.e. Asslt Large City, ect. Just rename it accordingly.

Thanks for the suggestions, Vanir. Actually in this case I really am downloading maps (I assume files In the repository folder titled "maps" aren't scenarios?). Everything but the campaigns I got were .btt files so I had to be careful to not mix scens with maps. I'll have to try loading them in the editor as you suggest.

Thanks again for your help!

Actually in this case I really am downloading maps (I assume files In the repository folder titled "maps" aren't scenarios?). Everything but the campaigns I got were .btt files so I had to be careful to not mix scens with maps. I'll have to try loading them in the editor as you suggest.

If these are just maps then you will most likely have to add setup zones and objectives as well. In that case you can decide what kind of QB you want to have and create objectives and setup zones to match.