Don't want to pay for the Upgrade? ... Click Here

This kind of stuff is what's making me totally despise the internet... along with the OP's cartoon. The total anonymity allows everyone to act completely (one hopes) different from the way we'd like to be known personally. I'm just guessing, but I suspect if I acted like this IRL, my dental bills would have peaked at one time until I no longer needed the services of an oral surgeon.

I believe (and unlike others on this board, I'm frequently wrong) this forum is a place to share ideas. Faxis has shared his and many others have shared disparate opinions. No one is going to change his mind; poking fun just keeps him going and serves no other purpose than to put on display our own immaturity.

I know this site has an "ignore" feature, but that usually serves little purpose because it tends to leave holes in discussions making them difficult to follow. I recently left a pay forum, related to one of my favorite sports teams, because I grew weary of this type of behavior; I'd been a member since approximately 1996. I'm not a grog in any sense, I have limited modding skills, I'm still trying to learn the editor, so, in truth, I serve very little constructive purpose within this forum other than to share my enjoyment of the game... I have no doubt that my absence would be missed not a whit.

I've stayed out of the cesspool for a reason... is it really necessary for the rest of the board to jump in with them?

JMO, Rake

Please... It is all in good fun. Should I have posted a smiley face after what I posted? Perhaps I should have. Sorry it offended you and others so.

DealWithIt.gif

:D ... Just kidding.

This kind of stuff is what's making me totally despise the internet... along with the OP's cartoon. The total anonymity allows everyone to act completely (one hopes) different from the way we'd like to be known personally. I'm just guessing, but I suspect if I acted like this IRL, my dental bills would have peaked at one time until I no longer needed the services of an oral surgeon.

I believe (and unlike others on this board, I'm frequently wrong) this forum is a place to share ideas. Faxis has shared his and many others have shared disparate opinions. No one is going to change his mind; poking fun just keeps him going and serves no other purpose than to put on display our own immaturity.

I know this site has an "ignore" feature, but that usually serves little purpose because it tends to leave holes in discussions making them difficult to follow. I recently left a pay forum, related to one of my favorite sports teams, because I grew weary of this type of behavior; I'd been a member since approximately 1996. I'm not a grog in any sense, I have limited modding skills, I'm still trying to learn the editor, so, in truth, I serve very little constructive purpose within this forum other than to share my enjoyment of the game... I have no doubt that my absence would be missed not a whit.

I've stayed out of the cesspool for a reason... is it really necessary for the rest of the board to jump in with them?

JMO, Rake

Thanks you, Rake, you seem to understand and even if you don't agree with me you disagree in a mature intelligent way with this statement. I though this forum was full of older mature, rational people. Boy was I mistaken. For a while there I thought I was in the Farcry 3 forum or the call of duty forum.

What a difference 4 years makes...

Quite amazing and quite a surprise. I've never seen customer support this good. Most game developers would have given up on there game and their fan base long ago. Usually in about two months of the game being out, after releasing one or two small insignificant patches (1.01 and 1.02) would move on to announce their new game which they have in the works or an expansion and start working on promotional trailers and screen shots, like some fly by night company.

A patch this big in two weeks that's unheard of.

Echo, I don't know how long you've been around nor your little side kick Peter Pan "Duh, I agree hah"

what are you "twenty-somethingish" but the fact of the mater is games and software are quite different than cars and most games these days offer very little support. As I've already stated.

They could have left you to hang and started there next game like every other game developer out there.

I know the game was buggy, but look how far its come if they where any other game developer they would have given up on it and there fan base long ago in favor of making a new game and to get new customers or claim that everything in the new game was going to fixed what was broken in the previous and offer a whole lot more.

And forget about getting you money back you don't go to a restaurant and have the cook rewarm you soup and add whatever else you wanted in it and then ask for you money back.

I know the game should have been better than it was but you two come off as a couple of spolt punks. Go to the STALKER forum and sulk.

Does no one in this forum have the balls to mention any of this. You all just pay up and

say how wonderful it is to get a few features. Maybe, there should be a donation day where you pay a certain amount for nothing after buying and owning your BF games.

Mord.

FaxisAxis,

Believe me when I say "we get it". You completely undervalue our work, don't trust our word about our costs, and think you should have it all for nothing. Message received loud and clear. Also rejected because it makes no sense. Something the majority of people here seem to understands wholeheartedly.

I give you two options:

1. Buy the upgrade because you understand it's value

2. Don't buy the upgrade because you don't

Note that I did not extend to you an option to continue to complain about it. It's tired and pointless. Patches will remain free, but as always we will (gasp) charge for new content which you're not otherwise entitled (under any sane definition of the term) to have. If you have a problem with that crazy strategy, then please take your rants somewhere else. Like other trollish behavior, it's not welcome here.

Steve