Don't want to pay for the Upgrade? ... Click Here

Oh, my mistake. You were already on the bandwagon but felt the need to show your amazing, exact same, wit again to gain approval.

I take my hat of to you sir for you are cleary an amazingly talented funny man.

You should get an agent. Why sit on the internet handling yourself?

I've kept my mouth shut on this whole "pay for the upgrade" spat, but made up my mind last night that I was gonna stick my .02 in just as soon as I got in off the road today. Since Steve locked axisjaxis' (or whatever the handle was), it's gonna go here...

I've been on this board since the wayback times, and at 195 posts, it's pretty obvious that I haven't posted often. I don't gush over the game, graphics, etc., but, since I've purchased every WWII-oriented edition of CM, I would think it's also pretty obvious that I have enjoyed and value the series enough to spend my hard earned cash on it.

Most of my posts have been to ask questions, with the occasional tip-of-the-hat to Fuser, TaL and other modders for their exceptional work. Other posts have been for some small wish-list items (like click and drag waypoints), with an occasional, somewhat testy post about the time it took to correct the red button/wire crash. I was extremely PO'd when CMFI told me I was out of activations after installing it on just my laptop and would not let me activate the game on my desktop... I wanted to play it badly enough that I purchased another full install at full price because I didn't want to wait all weekend until the crew came back in on Monday (BFC took care of that for me, for which I am very grateful). In any event, I certainly don't feel I fit the mold that detractors would label '"fanboy", nor am I amongst those inhabiting other boards constantly degrading the CM2 series.

All of that said, I am occasionally taken aback by Steve's perceived attitude when reading some of his responses to criticism. BUT, I have to temper my views based upon two things: first, it's very difficult to express one's tone via the internet no matter how many smilies you use. Second, and to me more important, is that this game is his (and Charles, too, of course, but The Brain rarely speaks) creation and his occupation. I wouldn't term my feelings about my job as a "labor of love", but I do pour a lot of sweat and energy into my job each and every day, I'm proud of most of the work I produce and I can certainly get my hackles up when I feel my work is unfairly criticized.

Now, on the topic of the upgrade... I don't think I can add much to what's already been covered ad infinitum. I purchased CMSF solely for the purpose of learning the CM2 system with the knowledge that, someday, CM would return to WWII. The one thing that I missed most in CMSF, and in CMBN when it was launched, was moveable waypoints. But, having played CMSF, I knew that they weren't in the game. After reading all the materials related to what was in, I decided to buy CMBN anyways. At that time, I never expected to have CMBN upgraded to employ this facility. I gather from what I've read that some will disagree, but this addition alone was worth $10 to me.

Without running on and on rehashing points previously made, the thing is this: things have been added in V2.0 which added value to the game... IMO. These were not things that were "broken" and needed fixing, but additions which I felt make the game more efficient and, therefore, more fun. If I did not feel this way, I would not have purchased the upgrade. The 1.11 patch, which IS free, fixed some of the things which were "broken".

I've been upgrading Photoshop since... I can't remember which version. As a semi-pro photographer, I haven't seen a tremendous amount of change which has been of benefit to me (I'm not talking about Lightroom, just PS) between CS??? and CS5. Still, I bought the upgrades (at around $170 per) to stay current... it was my money, and more importantly, my choice.

If you don't think you should have to pay for things which were never advertised as being in the software... DON'T! It's really just that simple.

Ok, to badman and robin... ah come to think of it you're all robins (you all bought the "upgrade for ten bucks and then had badman slap you for it) As for me I will spend my hard earned money on a full game for $10 and there are plenty of good ones out there at Gamersgate, GOG, steam etc. or I could just get an actual expansion with enough actual game play content to justify paying 10 -15 dollars for it.( have bought many good war games for this price) Maybe when an actual game or expansion comes out that I'm interested in and that will have these features. I'll then buy it for the full price as I have the other BF games.

I know you can't imagine how I wouldn't want to do what everyone else here in this club in

this forums is doing, what a fool I must be for wanting to save my money in stead of

give it to battlefront whenever I have a chance. But you know just as Steve and whoever else here who works for battlefront(which judging by the previous post I noticed was just about everyone who was arguing against me)just like you need to make money and "economize" I need to do the same on what I choose to spend it on. I need to eat to

and if I spend it all on upgrades like this I'm going to kick myself for not spending it on

some good food.

But you say why wouldn't I want to support BF. I have already. As for the rest of you. I believe if Steve and company came out with a beer can opener with a CMBN logo on it for twenty dollars which he insisted would cover all the manpower and material in payments (and who knows he may well be telling the truth) you'd all jump on the bandwagon and buying them with the rest of your BF club members and talk about them but not dare to ask if it could

have cost a little less and question its usefulness or rather uselessness. The good thing is you are all together on this, foolish or not you've paid your membership and Steve and company like you. So doesn't your priest when you write him out a check.

I must be [a fool] for wanting to save my money

Not at all. It's your money, and you should certainly do with it the things that give you most value.

This has, of course, been repeatedly pointed out to you.

But just as you should do those things that give you most value, so should others. Which is why they're choosing to buy the patch now so they can use the upgraded features today, or choosing to wait and buy it as part of the MG bundle to get the upgrade for less, or choosing to buy it and play a boardgame instead (wait ... what?).

By the buy; have you heard the expression that time is money? I guess you don't value your time very highly, because by any normal measure you've certainly spent more than $10 here. You would have gotten vastly better value by just purchasing the upgrade immediately, or going off and doing something else. Instead you've given yourself the worst of both worlds; loads of time spent and nothing to show for it. For that you are a fool.

On the upside, though, you've provided hours of humour and entertainment for the rest of us, so thanks for that.

Ok, to badman and robin... ah come to think of it you're all robins (you all bought the "upgrade for ten bucks and then had badman slap you for it) As for me I will spend my hard earned money on a full game for $10 and there are plenty of good ones out there at Gamersgate, GOG, steam etc. or I could just get an actual expansion with enough actual game play content to justify paying 10 -15 dollars for it.( have bought many good war games for this price) Maybe when an actual game or expansion comes out that I'm interested in and that will have these features. I'll then buy it for the full price as I have the other BF games.

I know you can't imagine how I wouldn't want to do what everyone else here in this club in

this forums is doing, what a fool I must be for wanting to save my money in stead of

give it to battlefront whenever I have a chance. But you know just as Steve and whoever else here who works for battlefront(which judging by the previous post I noticed was just about everyone who was arguing against me)just like you need to make money and "economize" I need to do the same on what I choose to spend it on. I need to eat to

and if I spend it all on upgrades like this I'm going to kick myself for not spending it on

some good food.

But you say why wouldn't I want to support BF. I have already. As for the rest of you. I believe if Steve and company came out with a beer can opener with CMBN for twenty dollars which he insisted would cover all the manpower and material in payments (and who knows he may well be telling the truth) you'd all jump on the bandwagon and buying them with the rest of your BF club members and talk about them but not dare to ask if it could

have cost a little less and question its usefulness or rather uselessness. The good thing is you are all together on this foolish or not you've paid you membership and Steve and company like you. So doesn't your priest when you write him out a check.

some good food.

But you say why wouldn't I want to support BF. I have already. As for the rest of you. I believe if Steve and company came out with a beer can opener with a CMBN logo on it for twenty dollars which he insisted would cover all the manpower and material in payments (and who knows he may well be telling the truth) you'd all jump on the bandwagon and buying them with the rest of your BF club members and talk about them but not dare to ask if it could

have cost a little less and question its usefulness or rather uselessness. The good thing is you are all together on this, foolish or not you've paid your membership and Steve and company like you. So doesn't your priest when you write him out a check.

.........................Cryin.gif..............................STFU-2.gif...

@FaxisAxis - You sound like a complete arse, go away.

This kind of stuff is what's making me totally despise the internet... along with the OP's cartoon. The total anonymity allows everyone to act completely (one hopes) different from the way we'd like to be known personally. I'm just guessing, but I suspect if I acted like this IRL, my dental bills would have peaked at one time until I no longer needed the services of an oral surgeon.

I believe (and unlike others on this board, I'm frequently wrong) this forum is a place to share ideas. Faxis has shared his and many others have shared disparate opinions. No one is going to change his mind; poking fun just keeps him going and serves no other purpose than to put on display our own immaturity.

I know this site has an "ignore" feature, but that usually serves little purpose because it tends to leave holes in discussions making them difficult to follow. I recently left a pay forum, related to one of my favorite sports teams, because I grew weary of this type of behavior; I'd been a member since approximately 1996. I'm not a grog in any sense, I have limited modding skills, I'm still trying to learn the editor, so, in truth, I serve very little constructive purpose within this forum other than to share my enjoyment of the game... I have no doubt that my absence would be missed not a whit.

I've stayed out of the cesspool for a reason... is it really necessary for the rest of the board to jump in with them?

JMO, Rake

This kind of stuff is what's making me totally despise the internet... along with the OP's cartoon. The total anonymity allows everyone to act completely (one hopes) different from the way we'd like to be known personally. I'm just guessing, but I suspect if I acted like this IRL, my dental bills would have peaked at one time until I no longer needed the services of an oral surgeon.

I believe (and unlike others on this board, I'm frequently wrong) this forum is a place to share ideas. Faxis has shared his and many others have shared disparate opinions. No one is going to change his mind; poking fun just keeps him going and serves no other purpose than to put on display our own immaturity.

I know this site has an "ignore" feature, but that usually serves little purpose because it tends to leave holes in discussions making them difficult to follow. I recently left a pay forum, related to one of my favorite sports teams, because I grew weary of this type of behavior; I'd been a member since approximately 1996. I'm not a grog in any sense, I have limited modding skills, I'm still trying to learn the editor, so, in truth, I serve very little constructive purpose within this forum other than to share my enjoyment of the game... I have no doubt that my absence would be missed not a whit.

I've stayed out of the cesspool for a reason... is it really necessary for the rest of the board to jump in with them?

JMO, Rake

Kudos, @Rake. Well said. Thank you.

Who's the fat out of shape whiny conservative looking bastard?

Just my kind of man; like to punch his pasty self righteous puss.

And ,who, genius, is doing all the crying? You are! Complaining about my opinion.