destroyed vehicles?

Tech Support - you probably ought to at least ask them to clarify whether they mean some or ALL their destroyed vehicles, EVER, just to make sure. Although I don't know how legitimate others' claims have been in the past, some have posted about smoke etc with some ATI cards/setups. And if it isn't related to those issues, and they never see smoke and fire, then erinandmicheal2002 might still have some other problem.

Hi Erinandmicheal2002. It isn't the same as the fog issue, and not all destroyed vehicles burn and/or smoke. But are you saying none of them at all, ever? Because obviously if some are on fire/smoking then it isn't a graphics/system problem. But if it none of them ever do after playing a few games, then you MIGHT have an ATI graphics card issue - at least, according to other previous posts/threads.

If so, then for you (and anyone else coming after who have a similar problem):

FIRST - just at least make sure you have smoke turned on (the SHIFT and I keys together, during the game). And if so, as with most problems, always try re-installing the game. And if that don't work, try updating the graphics driver.

Still no joy? THEN, at least according to those other threads' messages:

1) Try changing your game's screen resolution (delete the prefs file in the game's folder and restart the game, and set the resolution to a different size than what you had before).

2) If that don't work, try changing your overall graphics properties in the ATI menu by a single notch (you know, from like "quality" to "balanced" or vice versa).

3) Some have said that even though they have Win7, that updating from v1.03 to v1.04 (the Vista patch which some, but not all, Vista users need for the game to work fully) also cleared up various Win7 graphics problems (including smoke - according to at least one poster). This, according to some, is because Win7 is essentially "Vista 2.0". However, I wouldn't be 100% confident of this, and seeing as Battlefront have the cheek to charge for this basic functional patch, I'd consider it a last resort. So before doing that I'd post your graphics card's exact name here and hope someone else has overcome the same issue, just in case it's some other problem.

Thanks for the replies all! I just recently reinstalled CMAK and in my mind I remember most destroyed vehicles showing something to visually indicated that they were destroyed! So maybe my memory is faulty, or maybe I just haven't played long enough with the new install to see it. Streety, I will try your suggestions. thanks!