Legionaros

This was a little too ambitious of an undertaking for me. I wanted to do a mod to replace the Blackshirts with the Waffen 29th, aka Legionaros. Including Pre Anzio and Post Anzio crests and decals. Still a work in progress and i've already deleted and started over once, so I'm not sure if I'll be satisfied enough to release it. But adding new details everyday to the serape'. Learning as I'm going along. No rush I guess.

legionex.jpg

legion1.jpg

legion4i.jpg

legion3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

nik mond,

I'm both thrilled and confused. What you've done looks great, but are there two or more different camo patterns for Legionaros? Yours looks a lot like Woodland, but the two color exemplars show something considerably different. The left one seems to be a blotched muddy red brown with blotches of lighter colors. The right one (with all the Beretta MPs visible) my eyes initially read as splinter, except it isn't. If the two are the same pattern, I don't see how. The B&Ws at the top seem to run the same way. I can't see the camo pattern on the center pic, but it looks like his smock(?) has a hood.

Regards,

John Kettler

nik mond,

I'm both thrilled and confused. What you've done looks great, but are there two or more different camo patterns for Legionaros? Yours looks a lot like Woodland, but the two color exemplars show something considerably different. The left one seems to be a blotched muddy red brown with blotches of lighter colors. The right one (with all the Beretta MPs visible) my eyes initially read as splinter, except it isn't. If the two are the same pattern, I don't see how. The B&Ws at the top seem to run the same way. I can't see the camo pattern on the center pic, but it looks like his smock(?) has a hood.

Regards,

John Kettler

There were three italian camo patterns in WW2 and for some reason, I went with Type 2 even though the zeltbahns in the pictures are type 3. here's link for example. Yes it does look like woodland a little. I don't really like it. And stopped working on it after adding a sam brown belt and pouch on a newer skin.

http://www.kamouflage.net/country/00230.php

type2m.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...