Gentleman introducing Euroscape, a complete CMSF conversion!

This is massive undertaking that has been underway for some time. I intend to release one simple file that will convert your CMSF into a NATO-PACT game played in a European climate. Everything has been modded, the GUI, sound, names, voices, uniforms, sky, terrain, and vehicles, all of it. Vehicles have been color matched, camouflaged detailed and decaled in some cases. Some vehicles have been entirely replaced in a process we call “porting”. The BTR-70, BMP-2D and Ural 375 have replaced the BTR-60PB, BMP-2 and ZiL 131. The terrain has been completely modded to match a more temperate climate. Buildings, walls and roads appear more western.

Mods have been used from other artists like Gordon E. Molek, Marco Bergmann, Stagler, Mord and Paul Gulianelli. All the mods have been packaged and matched into one brz file.

We are finishing up playtesting and I would encourage scenario designers in the community to start creating NATO-Pact scenarios.

CMShockForce2012-12-0217-45-02-21-1.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0217-45-34-61.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0217-49-21-78.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0217-52-26-54.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0217-50-38-86.jpg

"Mods have been used from other artists like Gordon E. Molek, Marco Bergmann, Stagler, Mord and Paul Gulianelli... We are finishing up playtesting and I would encourage scenario designers in the community to start creating NATO-Pact scenarios."

Thanks dpabrams and all the artist contributing.

Impressive looking CMSF conversion! I am ready to go CMSF Euroscape modern even though I am enjoying CMFI retro. May I make one Holiday request?

Can Santa deliver a sweet all CMSF modules, Mac version?

With the CMSF conversion to Euroscape all the more reason to buy all the modules.

Buzz

Euroscape is closer than you think. It will be here before Christmas. Mord has created Russian civilian combatants, spies and fighters. All the buildings have been modded to a more western look. Sorry but roofs just won’t make it in. What does Euroscape do?

• Converts all Syrian forces to Russian units

• Creates all Russian names and sounds

• Creates a European looking terrain

• US Marine and ARMY units are modded for temperate climates

Euroscape does not mod British or NATO forces, which may come later. This mod is for version 1.32.

CMShockForce2012-12-0418-50-21-36.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0418-50-07-63.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0418-48-56-96.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0418-44-06-91.jpg

CMShockForce2012-12-0413-32-00-64.jpg

DP deserves one helluva back slap and ^5s...he did an ungodly amount of work on this bad boy. I was supposed to help him and just didn't have as much time to contribute mentally or physically due to some real life stuff. I was in charge of buildings and could not figure the roofs out (they are on par with the red beret hell I went through in CMBN). So, he stepped in and did the building texture work/porting on top of all the other stuff he'd already done/was doing. It is a damned herculean effort. The man is a machine. You guys will dig it.

Mord.

DP deserves one helluva back slap and ^5s...he did an ungodly amount of work on this bad boy. I was supposed to help him and just didn't have as much time to contribute mentally or physically due to some real life stuff. I was in charge of buildings and could not figure the roofs out (they are on par with the red beret hell I went through in CMBN). So, he stepped in and did the building texture work/porting on top of all the other stuff he'd already done/was doing. It is a damned herculean effort. The man is a machine. You guys will dig it.

Mord.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Good job to both of you and high 5s all the way round. I may have to look at doing a full second installation of CMSF and modules so I can keep a copy modded for this.

Great looking mod, and while I don't spend much time in this forum, I do want to have a look at this.

Also to all potential scenario designers - just a reminder that I have 4-5 CMSF maps sitting in the depositary, all of which were designed to get as close to a European look as possible within the game.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=search

P

Great looking mod, and while I don't spend much time in this forum, I do want to have a look at this.

Also to all potential scenario designers - just a reminder that I have 4-5 CMSF maps sitting in the depositary, all of which were designed to get as close to a European look as possible within the game.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=search

P

Cant seem to access the link. It just takes me to the search function in the repository.

Re a CMSF modded game, wouldn't it be easier and take up a lot less HD space simply to swap Z folders over?

Maybe, but I have gotten used to having multiple installs if a really really extensive mod comes along. For me this is worth it. I can limit the scenario selection to just the appropriate ones (inluding yours Pete). Why the heck not, I have the HD space.

Euroscape version 1.0 was unceremoniously chopped into 8 files and uploaded to the CMSF Base Game section of the repository. My one brz file dream was killed by the fact that files > 75 MB are too big to upload. The only solution was to package 8 files. I know it’s a lot but you won’t be disappointed as you basically get a new game.

A long, long time ago I buy CMSF and all the expansions. BF was spot-on with the Syrians in RL, but I always hated playing with or against them. Nato/WP was the dream.

Then out of nowhere comes this incredible mod easily worth $30 if BF was selling it. It installs and seems to work like a dream out of the box. I am in awe.