Information for New Players

I've just found this video online which will be a great start for new players of this game:

One thing I'd like to add is that when playing as the Entente I always invest heavily in Diplomacy, providing the situation allows, as this can be a very good way of hitting Germany's morale and income without having to lose any men in the process. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I've just found this video online which will be a great start for new players of this game:

One thing I'd like to add is that when playing as the Entente I always invest heavily in Diplomacy, providing the situation allows, as this can be a very good way of hitting Germany's morale and income without having to lose any men in the process. :)

That video makes me embarrassed to watch... but we never stop learning and improving, or that is the hope at least.

Wanted to say thank you for posting this here, I am glad if it helped anyone with the basics of the game. I have recently picked up assault on democracy and came here trying to figure out what the 'show turn summary' key was?

I skimmed the topic but never saw this mentioned, and I consider it about as important as the 'S' key

Are you talking about "last turn summary"?

That would the key "L".

The Hotkeys are listed in the manuals...

:):eek::D

Having said this, I'm always glad to help:

Hotkeys (quoted from the Global Conquest manual)

G – Turn the map tile grid on or off

H – Temporarily hide all units on the map

N – Select the next active unit that has not yet moved

New! L – Displays the last turn's summaries for reference

New! P – Shows the location of potential enemy partisan activity.

New! S – Shows the level of supply your forces currently receive, along with a prediction of how much they will receive if venturing into enemy territory.

arrows – Scroll map left, right, up or down

Ctrl-E – End Turn

Ctrl-P – Purchase Units

Ctrl-N – New Units

Ctrl-M – Maps

Ctrl-R – Research

Ctrl-D – Diplomacy

Ctrl-I – Reports

Ctrl-O – Options

Ctrl-S – Save

Ctrl-Q – Quit

Hotkeys (quoted from AoD expansion notes):

‘S’ hotkey now shows current supply, followed by the predicted supply of your next turn, the second time you press the 'S' key.

'L' Hotkey no longer removes the last turn summaries from memory as this information can now be re-accessed until the end of the turn

New 'R' hotkey introduced that will toggle the display of reinforceable units on the map, displayed by a blue unit strength number.

New 'U' hotkey introduced that will toggle the display of upgradeable units

:)

That was the key I was looking for, my bad for not finding them in the manual.

(though, this list is good to have sitting in this topic anyway, some people(cough cough) just dont know how to look up manuals and find what they are looking for.)

Thankyou.

• 2 months later...

Watching the video makes me feel like playing.

Before I dive in (again), I would like to know if people still play this game?

I remember liking this game much more than SC 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...