Information for New Players

Hi

Inspired by FroBodine's posts in a different thread, I decided to post here some images to help new players get the hang of the interface and some of the things they will see in the game.

This isn't intended to in any way replace the Manual or Expansion Notes, but is really a supplement to make learning the game just that bit easier. :)

I welcome feedback and will happily add more, so if there is something you think should be shown here then please let me know.

Firstly, here is some information on the main gaming screen:

InterfaceGuide1.gif

I know this is a simple look at the basis of the game... but maybe bring up the all mighty S key and a picture of the supply grid.(I guess I can't speak for anyone ells, but probably the most used function in the whole game for me)

Sure, I'll work on that in due course.

So what you are saying is that you have to use a webserver to host the picture and include the link as opposed to uploading the image to the forum server?

That's right. I use photobucket as once you've saved the image there, it provides you with an IMG code that I just paste into my posts.

Thanks again, Bill. I posted in the original thread that started this whole tutorial thread. These explanations are VERY helpful to someone like me coming into your games for the very first time.

This is such good stuff, it should be added to the manual next time you update it.

I look forward to the Storm over Europe scenario!

Yep..good stuff. My forum join date corresponds to the CMBO/CMBB games that I played to burnout. Haven't squeezed the trigger on other Battlefield games since.

But, this game has me hooked w/ that "one more turn" feeling. A great combination of UI and gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill. I just wanted to say thank you for all of this information...it's great! I've been searching and trying to find an answer to something without bugging you I think I need your help.

Is there a way I can tell, without actually having to click on an individual unit, which ones are available for an upgrade? I'm asking because I have clicked on units with supply of 9, haven't been moved, I have already researched the technology needed, yet the word upgrade is still faded. Some requirement doesn't seem to have met and not sure what it is? Oh, I have had plenty of MPP to purchase the upgrade. Thanks Bill!