Movement options

I would like to make a few suggestions on the movement options in this game.

1. Way points: I would like to see the option to set way points, this would enable units to avoid or outflank enemy units that have been spotted by intelligence or air recon, it would also allow a unit to leave a tile, occupy an adjacent tile and then move back to it's original tile, and it would be very usefull for naval units. Or is this allready possible and I just don't know what button to press?

2. Movement continuation, I think a unit should be able to use some of it's action points, wait for other units to move, then continue moving or attack, with the exception of supprise contact which should end a unit's move. It might also make it possible for some units to move attack and move, although I'm not sure if this is good or not. It would make coordinated simultaneous movement and attacks possible. this would also improve naval and especialy carrier operations, I beleive.

3. Partial movement, if a unit has 50% movement left and has not attacked I think it should be able to be reinforced or upgraded, this seems to allready be possible for units that have swapped positions, although I'm not sure exactly how that works.

How about suggestion #2, I really think that would enhance the game, allowing a unit to move just part of its APs, then go back later and move the unit again, and so on until the action points are used up, and why should a unit not be able to use the rest of its action points after attacking, even if it has allready moved? Carriers and bombers could use their 2nd strikes later in the turn, an armored unit could possibly move, attack, move, attack. I have often wished I could continue moving a unit because of things that happened after I allready did a partial move, or go back and do that attack I choose not to do for whatever reason. It would give the player a lot more options. Not sure how it would work with naval units though, would it be good for naval units to move attack and then move again? Probably not, hard to say. carriers could move in launch air strikes, and move back out, sounds deadly.

I do not know if this is actually the case but I suspect it is. If you allow the situation to be effectively continuously re-evaluated after each partial move and partial resolution of combat then this could make the processing far more lengthy and complicated for the AI. Human beings already have much more ability to see the big picture and probably already gain a big advantage in terms of sequencing their combat execution. I think your suggestion might result in a big increase in thinking time for the AI and quite a lot of work for the AI coders but still a poorer performance for it versus a human player as compared with the current situation.

Regards

Mike