A Couple of Things...

Rex

A couple of months ago, someone started a thread asking how many people were involved in the creation of CM. If I remember correctly, most people guessed around 10 or 12. I thought this seemed like a ridiculously small number of people for a project of this size and complexity.

Now, I hear (read) that it's only the three of you! I'm totally floored! Where I work, it takes three people just to form the committee to decide who'll form the team! My hat is off to you gentleman. I'd like to shake each of your hands personally and kiss you all on the cheek. Unfortunately, logistics (and common decency) makes that just about impossible, so you'll have to be satisfied with my hard earned $50 (or at least your cut of it) when you publish the game.

As far as the current threads regarding the new forum: forget about 'em. Concentrate on the game. If the rest of us have to click a bit more than before, that's a small price to pay if it saves you significant amounts of time and/or headache.

Keep up the great work!

Rex

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe! Thanks for the comments.

The fact is that we get MORE done *because* we are so few. Charles doesn't have to sit in a designer's meeting for 8 hours just to figure out what he should be doing for the week. Because he is the primary designer, it goes from head to fingers MOST of the time. Then I take it for a spin, give feedback, and adjustments are made. We both play it some more, and over time more adjustments are implemented. We put in features in one hour that would take a normal development team a whole day to do.

Big design issues, on the other hand, are hashed out ahead of time, generally in a couple of quick discussions (sometimes over a Guiness or two smile.gif). But all the while other coding and game work goes on while these talks progress. So we start designing a major feature and then sit on it to see how it feels, LONG before we do coding on it. We don't rush anything into the game. And I don't think we have every ONCE stopped forward progress because of some kind of design crossroads. So with each passing hour CM gets closer to being done, instead of TALKING about it getting done.

Bottom line is that we are very efficient, and because of this can do more with less. In fact, you will find that CM will most likely be the most focused, well thought out game you have seen in a VERY long time. We don't have marketing folks getting involved, nor do we have 3 people fighting over which way this or that should go. Charles has the final say on EVERYTHING, and that is just the way we like it! Clarity and efficiency are our greatest strengths. Oh, and the fact that we are well read and gifted researchers, know our jobs very well, have talent on top of skill, and CARE very deeply about what we are doing doesn't hurt either wink.gif

Steve