Imported Core units changing names?

Boche

Im creating a couple of scenarios with Core units.

AFAIK, this is the way create a campaign with core units.

1. You have all the core units of the campaign in one scenario, and you will use that scenario as say the basis or core for the campaign file, to then go onto the first mission/scenario.

IF im wrong, please tell me.

Well to the basis of the thread. Whenver I import these units into a scenario to be used in the campaign, they all get different names. It shouldnt really be an issue but I do want them to keep the names ive given them in the core scenario. Plus every campaign ive played seems to be able to achieve this.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Well, lets see, are the name changes occuring in squads that are depleted by chance? Ofcourse if you using full strength squads then my explanation is not relevant. The core units in each scenario of the campaign are bracketed and marked as core in the "Units Purchase" screen of each scenario of the camp. So that part is obvious if you did correct. Anyways long verbal diarrhea theory below.

I monkeyed around with campaigns consisting of sole core units to track attrition. I noticed in my single guy campaign where I had 12 individual guys by purchasing 50% of a 2 and 3 man teams until I had individual men as squads, that names and even weapons would switch from the first battle to the second battle.

I guessed its because when you purchase 50% of a BAR team the first battle you get the BAR regardless of whether it is the gunner or the assistant. But something happens when this one man team is carried over to the second battle. If it was the assistant gunner with the BAR that started, he will lose the gun in the next battle and revert back to his smg or whatever.

The same thing happens with attributes. If you make a campaign with a core squad, but the squad is reduced x% to start, that +2 you picked for leadership of the squad could be -2 the next battle even if that squad didn't take a hit. Why? well using my example of a 2 man team BAR team, 50% of that team could be the assistant, and you get stuck with his attributes.

What does that have to do with names? I have named leaders of teams, only to see them not show in consecutive battles because I used a reduced squad to start, and randomly the leader got the ax.