All those minor nations which spawn from A/H defeat

I feel the way they spawn should be reconsidered at any rate, but overall this topic is a bug report.

When those nations get attacked by any nation they spawn with units which seem to be locked to their WW2 counterparts. Due to that they are impossible to upgrade(I can also see such units as paratroopers in their arsenal of buildable units.(but all avaible units are set to 0, so you cant really build them)

I also feel that there maybe should be some form of events that fire when either CP or Entente invade one of these nations to make the other ones swing against the attacker.(fearing to be forced back into the Austria allience, or fearing to be taken over by Russia)

Lastly, much like how it was with Ottoman and not having an option to continue the war, I find it rather silly that these nations can make themself independent and just kick out a 10 corps russian army without Russia ever being given the option to ignore their independence and continue the war.

I feel the way they spawn should be reconsidered at any rate, but overall this topic is a bug report.

When those nations get attacked by any nation they spawn with units which seem to be locked to their WW2 counterparts. Due to that they are impossible to upgrade(I can also see such units as paratroopers in their arsenal of buildable units.(but all avaible units are set to 0, so you cant really build them)

Hi Sapare

This is an oversight and I can fix that, and I'm glad you've mentioned it. :)

I also feel that there maybe should be some form of events that fire when either CP or Entente invade one of these nations to make the other ones swing against the attacker.(fearing to be forced back into the Austria allience, or fearing to be taken over by Russia)

Good point, I can work on this.

Lastly, much like how it was with Ottoman and not having an option to continue the war, I find it rather silly that these nations can make themself independent and just kick out a 10 corps russian army without Russia ever being given the option to ignore their independence and continue the war.

This is a bit trickier, as one just cannot predict with any certainty which Entente Majors will or won't be still in the war when Austria-Hungary collapses, nor where Entente units might be.

That's why with regards to the Ottomans, the Decision is a British one, because they are more likely to be still in the war than Russia later in the game.

Another factor is that self-determination of the nations formerly part of Austria-Hungary, and also of Poland, was a major part of President Wilson's 14 points. So to say no to allowing them to form runs counter to US policy at the time. Obviously we cannot guarantee that the USA will be in the war when Austria-Hungary collapses, but this just adds to the complication.

One thing I have wondered is whether to just make the new nations automatically join the Entente, thus enabling Entente forces to march through their territories into southern and eastern Germany. This is a much simpler solution, and removes the need for an Entente decision.

Thoughts?

I personally think that just making them Entente nations works well enough. I had assumed they became inependents for balance rather than historical(I just assume that considering the state of everything they wouldnt put up a fight against Entente movments) reasons.

And as for balance, I doubt it really disbalances anything, currently the reward for breaking the Austria seems rather slim. Currently it just causes Germany to lose a mostly defensive ally and let him be replaced by minors which for at least 4 or 5 turns can do the same thing, stall the enemy.

While I am at it, unrelated but not worth a new topic. I just had a game where Austria surrendered(capital loss surrender, not falling apart) and Bulgeria withdrew from the war. I found that a rather neat touch. But on re-entry(invading them) their units seemed to have been reset to what they started the war with, not what they ended it with.(Such a minor thing that I dont consider it even need fixing, but just wanted to inqurie if that is indeed so?)