Axis Infantry AT?

Scipio

I'm missing typical used Axis infantry AT weapons of the pre-Panzerschreck era, such as Panzerwurfmine, Hafthohlladung and Geballte Ladung...or even Molotov-Cocktails or whatever. I suspect that they are also not abstracted in some way!?

I'm missing typical used Axis infantry AT weapons of the pre-Panzerschreck era, such as Panzerwurfmine, Hafthohlladung and Geballte Ladung...or even Molotov-Cocktails or whatever. I suspect that they are also not abstracted in some way!?

You suspect incorrectly. Infantry close assaulting tanks are assumed to be using such devices. The visual representation of them lobbing grenades is an abstraction, as is the decrement of the ammo count for that weapon.

You suspect incorrectly. Infantry close assaulting tanks are assumed to be using such devices. The visual representation of them lobbing grenades is an abstraction, as is the decrement of the ammo count for that weapon.
I've though about this, too. I can't help, it feels wrong for several reasons...

Where has this been stated by BF?

For everything you want to know on German rifle grenades, please go to ioffer and type "German Rifle Grenades" it'll kick up, on CD, not only the original German manual, but 250 color pics of same from museums and collections all over the world. The same site has THE MOST INCREDIBLE ordnance grog goodies for sale I've ever seen. It's a huge collection being sold off because no one in the family is interested in an ordnance collection which dates back to the founders, who pioneered drawing brass cartridges for a whole range of weapons. Jeff Duquette, Claus Bonnesen and similar would just die over the manuals on CD alone. Breathtaking!

According to this rather anal re-enactor site, the German cup rifle grenade discharger could be used on any Kar98K and entered service in 1942. Under Secondary Weapons.

http://www.gdstab.com/infantry-weapons.asp

This militaria site says the aforementioned grenade launcher came out in early 1943, after an earlier spigot type was a bust.

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H073265.html

Found it! Scale of issue is one rifle grenade launcher per squad.

Info's just below the German Infantry Battalion TO&E chart and continues down the successive levels.

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt09/german-infantry-regiment.html

At company level, there is also an antitank rifle section, with the PzB39 AT rifles having been converted to dedicated rifle grenade launchers. The heavy HEAT grenade would penetrate 2" of armor.

Regards,

John Kettler