A question maybe you can't/won't answer.

I'm eagerly awaiting CM, but am also imagining what CM2 will be like (East Front...mmm...)

I just want to make sure that BTS will be around long enough to get to CM2 (and 3 and Gold and Deluxe and Collectors' Edition...)

Without cracking open BTS' $ books, can you ensure that CM will beget offspring?

I'm pulling for ya.

DjB

I'm sure Steve will give you the straight scoop. But I believe plans are for East Front, Italian Front, Blitzkreig(early war years), and North Africa. I don't know if they are planning on Pacific, Korean, Vietnam or modern but I certainly hope so.

I am curious about the turnaround on new modules and how much the basic engine will be revised/upgraded. Would we be looking at six months, 9 months, a year for follow on modules?

Guest Big Time Software

Ken, you are pretty much correct. Except #3 will be the entire Med Theater (NA, Italy, Greece, and Yugoslavia).

We are not going to be releasing "modules", but entire new games. This means major enhancements to the game system. The primary reason is that each Theater has its own coding needs and LOTS of models. Too much for just a module type release.

And CM's engine is solidly WWII based. Wont't work for other time periods, so they aren't even on our list.

Steve

I know many of you out there are excited about the eastern front. I am too. But I have to say that North Africa excites me just as much, if not more -- especially if the supply issues can be properly modeled (i.e. trucking fuel across the Libyan desert). And the tactics were just so different out there. Imagine night battles using high powered search lights. And don't forget, in the desert, the towed 88 reigned supreme, while infantry played a greater role than many realize. After reading The Rommel Papers, I cannot wait to see CM hit the sand!!

Don't even get me started on Italy. Kesselring was a genius. I am sure that BTS is up to the task of modeling that defensive genius in the hell that is the spine of Italy.

What worries me though, is that I will not have exhausted my enjoyment of CM 1 before the sequels come out. I will have to choose between fighting a defensive battle in the Ardennes and an offensive one in the Steppes. This is too much for one man to handle!! Do I take the lobster or the filet mignon, the blonde or the brunette?

Oh well, I have never faltered in the face of such choices in the past. Bring it on BTS!!

------------------

The enchanter may confuse the outcome, but the effort remains sublime.