New file at the Repository: Tanks a Lot's CMBN buildings part 1 (2012-10-07)

This is part 1 of my mod that replaces all 16 of the independent houses in the game, with brand new ones.Download both parts to the same folder and extract.

More...

Haven't played with these in a game just yet (and probably won't play CMBN again before the patch and upgrade), but these are excellent. I just took a stroll through PT's Ecoqueneuville and the new houses make a ton of difference. There are still a lot of modular buildings and the original barns, but les maisons, elles sont vraiment magnifiques.

I only found one of the buildings which lack the flooring lost with the base removal, but even it looked the part of an outbuilding with a dirt floor and the occasional weed popping up... even had ivy growing through cracks in the wall boards. :D

Great job, TaL; I've followed your thread throughout the progress, have long awaited the completion of the mod and am very impressed with the results. Many thanks for your long, tedious labor.

Mike

Question for Tank' a Lot?

Have D/L your buildings Mod they Look great.

I was running a Quick Battle with your new buildings installed.

And I notice something when I toggle the Alt-J Toggle Show objectives.

I don't see any change in the color below on a flyover of my small battle area?

Your mod would have not changed this would it?

Thank's for any feedback on this

Zane

Question for Tank' a Lot?

Have D/L your buildings Mod they Look great.

I was running a Quick Battle with your new buildings installed.

And I notice something when I toggle the Alt-J Toggle Show objectives.

I don't see any change in the color below on a flyover of my small battle area?

Your mod would have not changed this would it?

Thank's for any feedback on this

Zane

Thanks Zane. I can't imagine how buildings could cause that problem. It looks normal on my end.

I have tried it a couple of times, but when I open the 2nd file rar folder and try to copy the files into the first unzipped folder, I still get the error message "data error... ...\building004-floor (01)bmp" file is broken", and the windows are frozen.

Is there a very specific series of steps one needs to follow rather than simple intuition?

I have tried it a couple of times, but when I open the 2nd file rar folder and try to copy the files into the first unzipped folder, I still get the error message "data error... ...\building004-floor (01)bmp" file is broken", and the windows are frozen.

Is there a very specific series of steps one needs to follow rather than simple intuition?

The easiest way would be to download the mod from CMMODS, because it's in one piece over there, I was forced to split it into 2 pieces here.

If you are determined to go with the 2 parts you have already downloaded, only extract from the 1st rar. If you have created a 2nd file rar folder, you did it wrong. Both rars need to be in the same folder, extracting from the 1st rar will automatically take what it needs from the 2nd rar, and will automatically put the entire contents of the mod into a single folder.

Ah...

I didn't realize that one only needs to unzip rar #1. The problem is when I unzipped rar #2.

I did get it CMMODS version as well, so probably I have all the files ok. But, just in case I tried unzipping both rars from the BF d/l.

Just to check, exactly how many bmp files should be in the buildings mod folder once unzipped? I have 134.

Ah...

I didn't realize that one only needs to unzip rar #1. The problem is when I unzipped rar #2.

I did get it CMMODS version as well, so probably I have all the files ok. But, just in case I tried unzipping both rars from the BF d/l.

Just to check, exactly how many bmp files should be in the buildings mod folder once unzipped? I have 134.

Yep, 134 is correct.