A single satchel charge to breach a hedgerow?

In one of the DARs (forget which), two hedgerow breaches have apparently been executed in succession by CW satchel charge. Considering what Doubler cited for explosives requirements in "Busting the Bocage," if it was a single satchel charge, I'd be very surprised, for I though it would be two or three times that to do the job. CGSC-CARL seems to have vanished or is otherwise offline presently, so I couldn't go and look up the number, but I think it was of the order of 60 lbs. per breach--quite a difference. Can anyone shed light on this issue?

As it stands, it appears to me as though it's much too easy to breach the hedgerow, creating an ability to move through same justified neither by history nor physics.

Regards,

John Kettler

Something is offline, true. But it isn't CARL. It's the same thing that's 'offline' in every conversation you have.

Also, this game has been out for over a year. Your new insights are neither new, nor insightful. Try using the search function next time, before you try and baffle anyone with yet more your BS.

JonS,

Before you jump down my throat with your customary snotty remarks, you might bestir yourself to check your own link! Had you done so, you would've gotten the same message I did, seen here.

http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/resources/csi/doubler/doubler.asp

Perhaps in my haste I over generalized, but my point was that Doubler's Master's Thesis was, for unknown reasons, no longer available.

I'm well aware how long the game has been out, but that in no way justifies your behaving like a git nor being insulting and rude.

Regards,

John Kettler

In one of the DARs (forget which), two hedgerow breaches have apparently been executed in succession by CW satchel charge. Considering what Doubler cited for explosives requirements in "Busting the Bocage," if it was a single satchel charge, I'd be very surprised, for I though it would be two or three times that to do the job.

You obviously haven't noticed that engineering demolitions is vastly simplified for the purposes of the game. No bangalores. No distinction between mouseholing/breaching charges and charges that drop an entire wall. Arbitrary inability to demolish hedgehog obstacles. The fact that it takes less than half a minute to blow a hole in the bocage, regardless of how much explosive is used.

The "demolition charge" is every charge an engineer ever made up in advance and all the ones they built on the fly. And it's a chuckable satchel charge. It's an abstraction.

You obviously haven't noticed that engineering demolitions is vastly simplified for the purposes of the game. No bangalores. No distinction between mouseholing/breaching charges and charges that drop an entire wall. Arbitrary inability to demolish hedgehog obstacles. The fact that it takes less than half a minute to blow a hole in the bocage, regardless of how much explosive is used.

The "demolition charge" is every charge an engineer ever made up in advance and all the ones they built on the fly. And it's a chuckable satchel charge. It's an abstraction.

Right answer.

Michael

Hey, why are some of you guys so cranky against John? I appreciate his posting - if you don't want to engage in his posts or find them problematic simply ignore him. Why being hostile?

Nobody wants this forum to become a frustration vent place. We have plenty of such forums on the netz already. Let's preserve this one to be gentlemen worthy.

Hey, why are some of you guys so cranky against John? I appreciate his posting - if you don't want to engage in his posts or find them problematic simply ignore him. Why being hostile?

Nobody wants this forum to become a frustration vent place. We have plenty of such forums on the netz already. Let's preserve this one to be gentlemen worthy.

A very good view.

Except for JonS,

See, he looks to find ways to be rude to others, just look at his history of post. He starts the insults an majority of the time. So for him, he receives in return that for what he gives out.

Hister - " Hey, why are some of you guys so cranky against John?"

You have only been on the forum for a year so perhaps you are unfamiliar with some of the longer term posters previous posts. I won't go into the details as it I also prefer a BB to populated by users who are respectful and polite. And if they don't like a thread they can, as you say, ignore it.