Patches + Expansions

Hello, I guess I am a bit late to the party - I just bought Shock Force.

Now I found this on how to install the game and it is indeed helpful although I have to say this is a really time-intensive update process but I am happy that there are patches for this game in the first place.

Anyway, my question is: when I update now to 1.32 (I only own Shock Force), like the game (which I seriously doubt I will not) and then buy the expansions can I just install them over my 1.32 version without hassle?

Each of the modules 'back dates' you to an earlier version (the current version for each at the time of their respective releases):

Marines: 1.10/1.11

British Forces : 1.20

NATO: 1.30

So if you install a module, you will need to install the patches over again (typically 1.21, 1.31 and 1.32). Also the patches will have to have a different 'selection' of options since there is now a module that must be patched, etc.

Mr.X - If the scenarios were created with 1.31 or 1.32 installed, then YES you do need to have those patches installed. You will need both patches since they are NOT 'comprehensive'.

If your scenario was created in 1.30, then I believe it should still work with 1.31 and 1.32, though you may want to open it and save it in the Editor once you are done updating the game.

Here's our Knowledgebase article about reinstalling CMSF with modules. It may not be very accurate if you have 'bundles' of some of the modules, but it typically applies in most cases.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, just a little question:

Why the installation provided in the helpdesk as linked above suggests NOT to license the CMSF base game if it is a Battlefront version?

i am waitig CMSF base game with all the modules and i would like to install all of them properly so i will follow the installation procedure as above, however i would like to understand if i have to license the CMSF base game or if i just need to validate it by using the CMSF marine key as at the 4th point of the installation procedure.

Thank you in advance

Yes, the installation procedure is correct. You DO NOT have to activate the base game's license key if you are going to install any of the modules. Of course that means you can only activate the game once you install a module and activate it.

If you activate the base game (which you can do if you really wanted to), then unlicensing it later proves to be a bit of an exercise since the file is different than it was when you originally licensed it (newer files with the modules and patches). This means that you have to reinstall CMSF to unlicense the base game.