Guns & FH issues

Hello All:

I had a Infantry Gun set up near FHs. The crew was in a FH but the Gun was sitting between 2 FH depictions. There is a Wall a little in front of the FH.

Anyways, the Gun had no LOS forward. Even though it wasn't sitting in a FH depiction was it still considered in a FH and thus not able to fire over the wall?

Thanks,

Gerry

LOS in CM2 is just plain weird cos who cares that the 3rd ammo guy can see the target. It's not as if we or the AI can move the gun/MG/whatever to get LOS. All we need to know is whether the GUN can see the target.

Guns and MG's normally cannot fire over walls, not cos of any foxholes, but cos the wall is determined (in CM2) to be too high to see over. Game hint: MG's can only fire over walls if UNDEPLOYED. (Don't think this rather important info tidbit is in the manual, but it really should be... as should all the other little tricks/features like that.)

Guns and MG's normally cannot fire over walls, not cos of any foxholes, but cos the wall is determined (in CM2) to be too high to see over. Game hint: MG's can only fire over walls if UNDEPLOYED. (Don't think this rather important info tidbit is in the manual, but it really should be... as should all the other little tricks/features like that.)

Hhmm, I could almost swear that deployed MGs on tripods shoot though low walls in an abstract manner.

I'm pretty certain I had an Italian MG do that in one QB and a .30 cal team in another.

Will need to test it a bit.

EDIT: I just confirmed this in the editor, deployed MGs will fire through low walls. Tried it with stone and brick walls and with the 1917, 1919 and the Ma Deuce.

I think this is a good thing. Adjustable tripod animations aren't high on my priority list. :D

If your position is on a slight rise you'll have LOF over the wall, if you're slightly lower its as solid as... a brick wall. ;) If you've got a low power howitzer you might be able to reacquire LOF at greater range since the round will then arc over the intervening wall. Half of the game is 'playing' the terrain features to your advantage. :)

For indirect fire, yes, but since the OP was talking about LOS rather than LOF I assume he was intending the use the gun in direct fire mode. He's going to have to push the gun forward to the wall so that the crew is out of the foxhole, unless he can blow a hole with a satchel charge.