CW The Mace

Just popping in to say what a top H2H scenario this is.

I never thought I'd enjoy a 2 hour battle, but this is an absolute cracker, with a bit of everything the whole way. Recon: vital. Supply: vital. Game plan (multiple widespread VLs): vital. Armour battles: check. Infantry battles: check.

About the only thing I'd say to the designer, if they are out there, other than "Great Job", is "it could be about 15 minutes less". A small thing. We ceasefired at 1:50, when we both thought that we had done what we could (interestingly, both of us were bluffing, it was revealed!)

GaJ

I also am finishing up this battle in a HtoH game, not sure what the outcome is. But playing as German and feel I have it won.

But will agree with your comments, its a good scenario for HtoH. It has different aspects and different tactics as you fight for the different objectives on the map.

As for shortening the time, In our battle that would have helped the Allied side since they are on defence. Something at this point they coulld use.

But then on the other hand, I still have arty missions that are to drop on one objective I want to move into. So cutting time in my match would have left arty unplayed in my battle. (But I could have played faster if the time was known to be shorter)

Also, I really dont feel the Germans have the advantage in this one. I feel the Allies had the tools that could have wrecked my day, if played correctly. So not sure if cutting the time is a issue or not from the battle I played.

Anyway, well done to the designer.

I, too, am currently playing this h2h as the Germans. In my game the 2nd and 3rd reinforcements were swapped. At the time I re-read the briefing and thought it was a typo. (I made a push on an enemy position expecting more infantry to back it up and I got arty instead). So, I'm curious if it played this way for you... but, as has been said, it is, all in all, an excellent h2h encounter!

I, too, am currently playing this h2h as the Germans. In my game the 2nd and 3rd reinforcements were swapped. At the time I re-read the briefing and thought it was a typo. (I made a push on an enemy position expecting more infantry to back it up and I got arty instead). So, I'm curious if it played this way for you... but, as has been said, it is, all in all, an excellent h2h encounter!

Not sure about this, I do not recall the units as reinforcements coming in at unexpected locations.

Even if they had, There was time enough to change which flank they could be used on. I have tranferred units including infantry from one flank to the other. So it does show that there is plenty of time in the game. Shorten the time up and it would take away some options.

SS, I wasn't referring to them coming in unexpected locations, but rather wave 2 was, according to the briefing, supposed to be mech infantry (10-20 minutes) followed by waves 3 and 4 which was supposed to be mech infantry and artillery(30 minutes)... I got them the other way around which led to an assault blowing up in my face due to no grunts to support it (yeah, I could have waited until the reinforcements were on the map but I wanted to be cool with the timing thing).

SS, I wasn't referring to them coming in unexpected locations, but rather wave 2 was, according to the briefing, supposed to be mech infantry (10-20 minutes) followed by waves 3 and 4 which was supposed to be mech infantry and artillery(30 minutes)... I got them the other way around which led to an assault blowing up in my face due to no grunts to support it (yeah, I could have waited until the reinforcements were on the map but I wanted to be cool with the timing thing).

Ok, now I understand what you are saying. sorry.

plus I am afraid I do not remember for sure about that.

But if I recall correctly, it seems my reinforcements on the left flank came first. then the others came on the right. And not sure about the arty.

All I recall was the Stug was like a suprise to me. and the last thing to show up.