Aris Vehicle Thread...

Mamma mia! Fuser, I like your real-life Sicily distant ground much better than the original CMFI one. Very atmospheric. Please post it.

The "Tunisia" one is very nice, but on my El Guettar map I've actually been using "desert_horizons" from a different BFC game (I think it was CMSF?) in and they seem to be a perfect fit for Tunisia. The Afghanistan horizons IMHO don't work in Tunisia because they're actually TOO mountainous and snowy.

And since we're on the subject of distant horizons, skyboxes, or whatever you call them...One I've asked modders to experiment with for a long time is a "D-Day beaches" horizon for Normandy. Here's the idea: Instead of the standard Normandy horizon on all 4 sides, this mod would make one side of the map an ocean horizon -- maybe even with the faint silhouettes of the invasion fleet off in the distance (captured from an archival photo). Maybe one could set this horizon to appear on the N,E, W, or S sidejust by changing the name of the file -- although in Normandy I think it would be the E. This would be a great mod to use with D-Day scenarios close to the coast, Pointe du Hoc, etc.

Well, my latest Landscape (the one appearing in the previous post) is working nicely and matches the terrain and Theater nicely, quite happy with it. So I will work on it exclusively from now on. It will be ready soon. I think it´s very atmospheric and good for taking screenshots!

Yep. I noticed it. From time to time it catches my eye.

Yeah, ditto. I seem to remember someone writing that they could not fix it. But I cannot find the reference I remember. But I did find this:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1375068&postcount=33

A beta tester talking about that seam being there since CMSF. And there was mention of it on the CMBN threads too.

You've created a monster, Aris - by adding some hi-res textures to the terrain, the old low-res ones stand out, thus making it easier for us to very specifically pester you for more. :D I'll start: the new pavement textures look great, but on my Palma di Montechiaro scenario map, they put the adjacent old highway cobbles to shame. Any chance of having a look at the highway tiles? ;)