Aris Vehicle Thread...

These mods look perfect for lousy weather scenarios (ie: CMBN). However, are they not a bit dark for the sunny skies of Italy/Sicily (or N. Africa)?

The stock CMFI vehicles appear to have the right sort of color/shading for sunny weather. My only beef is that the CMFI vehicles look too factory fresh and toy-like.

Am really happy to have you back Fuser... I hope you eventually have the energy/motivation to complete the CMBN roster. (And that you have time to actually play the games as well.)

I have the energy, not so sure about the time though,...and yes, I would like to finish BN, CW, FI ...vehicles, but with so many vehicles to mod, so few vehicle modders out there and more modules on the market in 3-4 this is going to be a selective task, where I choose carefully what and when I want to mod. I am quiting smoking, 3 weeks already,(11.300% harder than modding vehicles :) ), so believe me, I have a lot of energy and motivation! I uploaded the Tiger Early on Friday but as I havent seen it made available on Monday I may try to upload it again...so,... to the one in charge, if you see 2 Tigers uploaded don´t make them both available, just one is enough, ;)

Well, maybe we should put in a request to include you in the official texturing process so everyone gets properly weathered vehicles in the first place! :D

We'd love to do more weathering but simply don't have the time because a single vehicle would take ages that way. Maybe we can expedite matters in the future, but that remains to be seen.

In the meantime I suggest you teach the guys how to do it so it can be done faster.

RE; The Tiger in Sicily.

From my research most of the Tigers were Rotbrun over Gelb (red/brown over yellow). The red brown was applied by hand in abnormally wide stripes.

My 1/24 Tiger is camoed as above and looks great. Lettering was red outlined in white.The numbering was sequential-not by company/platoon. See Jentz.-Tigers ion Combat.

White Scout Car (and Photoshop template for M3 Car family with over 70 layers)...finished...phew, took a long time to refine it.

Available WITH NO DECALS on Monday:

WhSC2.jpg

WhSC1.jpg

Vehicle looks much more bright and wasted by sun ingame than in this shots,...sorry, you will have to trust me, or download and check ;)

P.S: M5A1 Stuart ALMOST ready too,...(this time w/ 3 or 4 decal sets).

• 2 weeks later...

Fuser,

One note: the White Scout Car has a rope wound around the anti-ditching drum. Now, I'm more than willing to be told I'm wrong, but that cylinder in front of the bumper is NOT a winch. It was just a big rolling-pin meant to keep the vehicle's bumper from digging into the ground and hanging up the chassis. It literally was a roller. As such, I can't imagine any crew winding a rope or cable around it.

SOME vehicles had a winch, but that would involve more of a spindle (think thread bobbin), with associated gearing mechanism.

Minor nit? Oh, very much...

Please feel free to correct me.

Having said all that, those vehicles are GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you for doing this.

Ken

Well, thanks for the comments c3k, and i am glad you like the mods too and that you take your time to post here, but , you see, BFC textured a rope around that drum and I tried to improve it. If it's not a winch (what makes sense in fact ;) ) I didn't know at the time, i simply retextured the stock model, I may remove it for future modules, and include a "c3k mention" in the readme ;). Cheers.