Back after a Long Vacation Time

Fuser

It's been a long long time for me since I left so it may take a lot of time to get to know the news of the module and what has happened lately and what I have missed :( , and see if I can contribute as I did in the past. Glad to post here again,...See you soon!!

It's been a long long time for me since I left so it may take a lot of time to get to know the news of the module and what has happened lately and what I have missed :( , and see if I can contribute as I did in the past. Glad to post here again,...See you soon!!

LOL we were about to send out the dogs, Erwin was in charge of the search party. Damn where to start...what is the last thing you remember Jason Bourne?

Some explaining to do, hehe, yes, but,...where to start, granddad? First of all, i will purchase the Italy module in 2-3 days, then, see if I can mod the terrain,...BTW, is it much better than the stock CMBN terrain?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :)

Welcome back my friend.

Lots of things have happened but one of the biggest things is that many of the new models have Bump and Normal maps. They are also going to upgrade CMBN to fall in line with the newer CMFI....probably sometime in the early autumn. I deferred continuing work on my 21st AG stuff until the new models are released because I'm guessing you might decide to update your work with the release of the new models too. (I was so gung-ho to continue earlier in the summer that I actually patched together my own version of the Humber III based on what you do...not as good as your stuff though.)

Welcome back, Fuser. Erwin has organized a champagne and caviar party for you, and called Interpol to let them know you have not been kidnapped, died in a plane crash, etc. I think you will like the terrain very much. Except for grids, there hasn't been much, if any, call for modding it. But you have vehicles awaiting you, young man. Just ask Erwin!

(Sorry Erwin, couldn't resist the ribbing. All in good fun.)

Welcome back Fuser/Aris... Yes, I was rather concerned since you'd made comments earlier about burn-out. I started to think you'd gone terminal burn-out and we'd never hear from you again (or see any more of your amazing mods). So, very happy you are still with us! :)

THANKS again guys for such a warm welcome. I have purchased CMFI and I am glad that the terrain quality is very good now, there are bump maps,normal maps etc..and so on, that opens a HUGE door to modding, but, my modding skills are rusty to say the least. Thus I decided to start with the Autoblinda 41 during this week, progress sloooowly and see what happens.

Well, all I can say so far, is that I am happy with CMFI as it is, so modding wil take a slow pace,..because i am liking the game as it is,...gratz BF!

LOL I was wondering if you were just gonna mod it for moddings sake. :) I have to agree, I think BF has done a really good job, and they will be applying the same to CMBN soon. Still hoping for decals/unit markings though. ;)

Welcome back Kingpin of Grime. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

You missed a lot of BIG news but seems you are catching up. We've got a ton of cool CM stuff in our future.

Your CMBN mods should be safe once the 2.0 upgrade comes out if you didn't do a lot of redrawing on the textures. The stock bump maps should work just fine with the work you've already put in. I did a test with my dirty faces mod and all is well. However I think bumps maps will have to be duplicated and renumbered to fit the extra textures...which end users could do on their own if it's too much work for you.

I just gave Erwin a heart attack....

Mord.

I have seen the wonderful new textures,...I think i can add some grime on the vehicles and definitely improve the look, but i will be working very slowly this time. One mod every 3 weeks or a month I´d say ;) . Ane eventually this is the subject I will start working on, but this time, i will play the game too ;)

TigerVeryEarlyWIP.jpg

Ane eventually this is the subject I will start working on, but this time, i will play the game too ;)

I am right there with you. I've have been TRYING and TRYING to get some of my mods updated and a new one finished...but after almost doing nothing but modding the game since CMBN came out I have opted for playing more and modding less...at least for a while. I have some stuff I really want to finish but I have to say it's been fun playing.

Mord.

Yes, its fun playing,and that, nowadays, is a great news, as PC gaming is crap comparing to what it was in the 90s. So, BF, no matter what they say, THANKS. People complaining should try to play Diablo 3 for 3 weeks, then realize how deep, authentic, replayable and enjoyable CM is. Its like a scent from the good ol gaming years in the 80-90s.