CM Vietnam?

Hey all,

is there an plan for a CM Vietnam? I think this Scenario is also great for this game or?

have a nice day :)

No, BF has said several times they aren't leaning either towards a Vietnam era game nor a WW2 pacific theater. The next CMx2 modern era is a fictional Nato vs Russia in Ukraine concept. a few of us would love to see them take on Vietnam though. I suspect part of the reason for not doing it is fortifications including bunkers and tunnels become a bigger deal and the terrain mesh is not presently up for that. Never know down the road though, one can hope. That teaser about 2013 leaves some wiggle room.

Combat Mission fans have a lot to look forward to in the next year as the CMx2 game engine continues to produce games at an ever faster pace. At the moment we have three games in active development and more planned. While we aren't in a position to make detailed announcements right now, we can tell you what the three are about (in no particular order):

1. CM: Battle for Normandy Module 2. This Module picks up where CM:BN and Commonwealth left off... with the September push out of France to the German border. The content centers around Operation Market Garden, though it covers more ground than just that. The game includes a number of new vehicles, formations, and new terrain models/textures. Adding new terrain, a first for any Module so far, ensures that you feel like you're fighting near Germany and not still back at the beacheads.

2. CM: Eastern Front 1. The first of four Eastern Front "families" starts with Operation Bagration (June 1944) and eventually covers through to the end of the war (May 1945). For many tactical warfare enthusiasts, this period is considered the most tactically interesting since both sides were at their peak of their military technology, organization, and experience. The scope and scale of the combat offers plenty of subject matter to explore.

3. CM: Shock Force 2. Our return to modern warfare is long overdue! Given how close Shock Force 1 was at predicting a conventional conflict in Syria, we're a little nervous about choosing a topic this time around. Especially because we've chosen to simulate a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine. This gives players a rich tactical environment to explore with the most advanced militaries the world has ever seen. Having said that, we hope the politicians aren't insane enough to try it for real. Even thought this is great stuff for a game, it's the last thing this world needs in real life.

We have more games planned for 2013, however we are making no formal announcements at this time. These three mini-announcements should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

I'd KILL to see a CM: Vietnam! I'd love to fight Hue City, the A Shau Valley, and the rest of I Corps. Sadly, I suspect it will be a long way off, if ever. There would need to be some significant engine improvements. The helicopter aspect alone would be a monster, and virtually required in order to be authentic.

I'd KILL to see a CM: Vietnam! I'd love to fight Hue City, the A Shau Valley, and the rest of I Corps. Sadly, I suspect it will be a long way off, if ever. There would need to be some significant engine improvements. The helicopter aspect alone would be a monster, and virtually required in order to be authentic.

yeah, one never knows what BF might come up with over time. While it would definitely possible to play aspects of the fighting it would make a huge difference in the overall reaction and purchasing of the game that I'd think BF would want to wait until they could do choppers. Still I'd be willing to buy it without them and hope for an eventual upgrade :D