Use of satchel charges against tanks

Hi,

does anyone know if there is a possibility to force infantry, equipped with satchel charges, to use them against tanks?

Most of the time when my pixel soldiers end up in close combat with enemy armour, they start to throw grenades. They are veteran and haven't experienced any heavy combat or losses. They just don't use their best anti armour weapon.

This results most of the time in the eliminiation of the whole squad.

I tested it 10 times now and only once they used their explosives after throwing 4 grenades. It was a save game. (same soldiers, same range, veteran, first combat situation)

These situations drive me crazy. Does anyone have a solution?

No, there is no way to force them to use their demo charges. I've seen demo charge-armed troops use their demo charges as grenades against infantry targets, and there are screenshots of them using their DCs against armour, but there's no systematic way of getting them to "Blast" a tank, AIUI.

Agree infantry with DC's should use the DC in preference to grenades when attacking armor or dug-in/fortified infantry. Ideally they should use both but with a higher % chance that they will use the DC.

Of course, all of this is based on the assumption that DC's will do more damage to armor than grenades. Has anyone tested or observed if this is the case? If the game isn't model this way then it should stay like it is so I can save my DC's for breaching.

Agree infantry with DC's should use the DC in preference to grenades when attacking armor or dug-in/fortified infantry. Ideally they should use both but with a higher % chance that they will use the DC.

Of course, all of this is based on the assumption that DC's will do more damage to armor than grenades. Has anyone tested or observed if this is the case? If the game isn't model this way then it should stay like it is so I can save my DC's for breaching.

They certainly do more damage to infantry than a grenade or two... I reckon the crater looks about as big as what a 150mm arty shell makes.