Your computer does not have an external IP Address

Hi, whatever method you are using to detect whether or not a computer may access the internet, is not working. I'm really surprised that a game from 2009 could be this flawed. Whoever is managing the patches (Sneaksie?), could you please completely remove this detection and let the users sort it out themselves? Its simple, the game binds and listens to a port, theres no reason to implement some kind of detection of internet access as training wheels, if they don't have internet / an external ip they wont be getting any connections there is no reason to over complicate the software - the biggest reason being that years down the line when the software isn't being supported anymore, it will cause issues like this.

I am posting this about Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 - steam version. Sneaksie, if your still allowed to push out updates and can recompile the full game to implement this change, I and im sure other customers would really appreciate it, although if you do not have those tools or resources then I understand and would like to thank you for staying in touch with people at the steam forums for as long as you have. On the other hand, if any users know of a fix to this issue, feel free to post it in the thread.

i play with direct ip. i never had problems with it.

I would too, if it would let me host a game. But since it doesn't detect that I have an external IP, however it goes about doing that, it won't even let you try to host a game online, you can only play over lan.