HQ attachment glitch

I have found an HQ attachment glitch. I am playing the BF1939 scenario and I have had Chinese HQ's which can only attach 3 units in this scenario, display only two units attached but are unable to attach a third unit.

Note on both occasions discribed below the HQ attached to itself and the unit attached twice had swapped postions with another unit earlier in the turn.

On the first occasion the HQ was attached to itself (green ring) making the third unit, once the HQ was detached from itself (no more ring) it could attach its third unit.

On a later occasion a Chinese HQ only had two units attached but could not attach a third. I started detaching and reattaching units trying to find the catch and found one army was attached twice taking up two of the three slots. I know this because after unattaching it the first time it remained "green" showing attachment to the HQ, and when I tried to attach a third unit I now able to do so.

I have seen occasions where British and French HQ's could not attach there fifth unit, but I did not look at those as closely as the two situations above.