Team play

any chance to fire at you in a friendly fire situation would make my day. If I can't beat you in a PBEM, I might as well take you out while on my team, assuming that we are on the same team. I think this idea rocks though dan, it would make this game even deeper than what it already will be.

daz

any chance to fire at you in a friendly fire situation would make my day. If I can't beat you in a PBEM, I might as well take you out while on my team, assuming that we are on the same team. I think this idea rocks though dan, it would make this game even deeper than what it already will be.

daz

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Only problem, can you imagine how long a PBEM game would take?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's possible right now to PBEM with teams. 1 guy inputs orders for his units and saves the game as a regular game, then sends it to his partner who does the rest of the units and saves it in PBEM form. It's just real cumbersome and basically doubles the turnaround time on a turn. I hope they allow team TCP/IP whenever that becomes available.

-Bullethead

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well, it's possible right now to PBEM with teams. 1 guy inputs orders for his units and saves the game as a regular game, then sends it to his partner who does the rest of the units and saves it in PBEM form.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem with this is everyone on the team still sees everything on his side. No chance of mistaking a friendly for an enemy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The problem with this is everyone on the team still sees everything on his side. No chance of mistaking a friendly for an enemy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I understand it, mis-ID is an AI thing. So while YOU as the player may know where all your units are, your individual units might start shooting at each other anyway. I believe there's a screenshot at CMHQ showing this happening.

-Bullethead

On my little LAN at home, some fellows and myself have enjoyed SM's Gettysburg as teams very much, for two players I think it more fun than playing against each other -actualy. So - I would like to see an option for teamplay.

------------------

Med venlig hilsen/

Kind regards

Morten Lundsteen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>any chance to fire at you in a friendly fire situation would make my day. If I can't beat you in a PBEM, I might as well take you out while on my team, assuming that we are on the same team. I think this idea rocks though dan, it would make this game even deeper than what it already will be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given your showing in our current PBEM game... you'd miss smile.gif

------------------

---

Dan Brown

dbrown@owc.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>As I understand it, mis-ID is an AI thing. So while YOU as the player may know where all your units are, your individual units might start shooting at each other anyway. I believe there's a screenshot at CMHQ showing this happening.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but CM is currently a two player game. If it allowed team play, you would see the same level of FOW with friendly troops you are not actually playing. In this case, if you see an unidentified vehicle, you won't be entirely sure its an enemy.

------------------

---

Dan Brown

dbrown@owc.net