How to use H2HH 1.6.x with CMFI

Until I release an update, you will need to manually "Install -> Add"

to tell H2HH about CMFI.

You need to tell it that CMFI is installed at:

C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\

In order for right-click->Start Game to work:

right-click->Edit Game each game and point H2HH to the actual Combat Mission Fortress Italy.exe file, wherever it is that you installed that (in the "application name" part of that dialog).

As soon as I get a chance to tell H2HH about CMFI, the new release will be called 1.7

GaJ

I'm playing CMFI using h2hh 1.5.3, and it works fine - however, it doesn't seem to be auto-updating. Not too big a deal, but I thought I'd let you know - unless of course it works fine in version 1.6.

EDIT: Oh wait.. It just autoupdated lol. It didn't before though, I swear. :D

EDIT 2: O.k., it looks like it doesn't autoupdate when I finish my turn, but it automatically updates when my opponent copies his turn into the dropbox. Normally, as soon as I hit "ok" to save the file, it does it's thing - but now I have to hit refresh to get it to go. Not like it's so hard to press the refresh button, though..

I'm playing CMFI using h2hh 1.5.3, and it works fine - however, it doesn't seem to be auto-updating. Not too big a deal, but I thought I'd let you know - unless of course it works fine in version 1.6.

EDIT: Oh wait.. It just autoupdated lol. It didn't before though, I swear. :D

EDIT 2: O.k., it looks like it doesn't autoupdate when I finish my turn, but it automatically updates when my opponent copies his turn into the dropbox. Normally, as soon as I hit "ok" to save the file, it does it's thing - but now I have to hit refresh to get it to go. Not like it's so hard to press the refresh button, though..

I noticed that same behaviour too, then all of a sudden it started autoupdating when I saved my turn as well. I have no idea what caused it to fix itself.

I know where you're coming from. Another thing I'm thinking of doing is putting notification of new turn on the tab.

I don't have a good feel for whether it's easy or hard to de-tab-ify... I'll think about it.

(Once I untangle the whole "executable is in a different place to Game Files" thing).

GaJ

I know where you're coming from. Another thing I'm thinking of doing is putting notification of new turn on the tab.

I don't have a good feel for whether it's easy or hard to de-tab-ify... I'll think about it.

(Once I untangle the whole "executable is in a different place to Game Files" thing).

GaJ

I'd rather have the tab title highlighted when there are new turns to be played if possible.

IMO, GreenAsJade should be on BFC's payroll. His H2HH "app" (used with Dropbox) has done a great deal to enhance the enjoyment of CMBN+CW+CMFI PBEM gaming. A GREAT deal.

I'm always surprised when people don't feel they have any use for it. Once people actually install it, everyone loves it. It just makes the whole process of PBEM so much easier.

I love the Tidy feature, too.

Whether I have one game going, or 4 or 5, it makes everything so easy and automatic. I don't know how I managed without it!

Oh yeah - the chat feature is awesome, too.

IMO, GreenAsJade should be on BFC's payroll. His H2HH "app" (used with Dropbox) has done a great deal to enhance the enjoyment of CMBN+CW+CMFI PBEM gaming. A GREAT deal.

It's funny you say that, i was thinking the exact same thing; it takes a very awkward system and makes it quite seamless...

I realised something that might be worth pointing out, at least for those with a few games on the go at any time.

H2HH takes care of the order that scenarios are presented to you for selection to play. It moves the games where are waiting for your oppo's turn down to the bottom (by naming them with a ~).

Now CMFI has an option for sorting the games alphabetically or by last modified date. If you play a bit of H2H, you know that last modified date is not want you want at all: it can leave a "played" game above an "unplayed" game. Unfortunately this is the default in the current version of CMFI.

So - make sure you select "alphabetical". Then it will all work the way it's supposed to again.

GaJ