Victory??

Hey,

I just finished 'Last Defence' as the Germans. I lost 1 StuG IIIG,83 men (14kia), and 2 1/2tracks. I captured all the objective locations as well. The Americans lost all 3 Hellcats, I think 143 men (41kia). I got an Axis Major Victory. I'm surprised I got this when my infantry suffered over 80% casualties. I'm not sure if this is good or should I have spared more lives with my infantry?

One more question:

I understand that the 'real' demo is coming soon. How many scenarios will there be? Is this what the actual game may be like?

Thanks,

Pvt. Ryan

Guest John Maragoudakis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Is this what the actual game may be like?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No private, the game will be like Red Alert smile.gif, The demo is just so we can pass the time. smile.gif

I think the type of victory is pretty much decided by who has what victory locations, so you can go all out in a scenario and not worry about having much left.

My impression is that this will be different in the campaign games though... If you get all your troops cut up in a single battle, you'll be in a world of hurt come the next one...

If you lost that many in a campaign you could probably kiss the rest of the campaign goodbye.

On these small maps victory goes to whoever holds the Victory Locations..

On larger maps its more to do with casualties.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Scott Clinton

Fionn:

It was my understanding that generally in camp. there would only be victory locations on the 'last' map(s) and all the other engagements in between were simply to gain these maps.

Are there victory locations on the intermediate maps too?

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest John Maragoudakis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think the type of victory is pretty much decided by who has what victory locations, so you can go all out in a scenario and not worry about having much left.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I had pretty well lost all victory locations in the last defence. However, I had my hellcat roaming about and after killing all German vehicles, I won with a minor allied victory. The other side had more land but they paid too much in blood for it.